15 hour tank upgrade

mzhantsche

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2010
A, A
Im finaly getting around ot putting a sump together to add to my fx5 and 404 canisters. The sump is 30"x15"x16". This was the largest sump i could fit under my stand because of the getto way it was built. We left a brace from the original stand on that is now in the middle of the stand. Good for stand strenght...bad for fitting a sump in. So this is it.
View attachment 718486
^ Thier are two small socks in the first chamber that will flow into a ceramic ring chamber. Thank flow into the planted area and to the pump. Ive never seen someone do so much in such a small tank. Hopfully it eat a ton of nitrates.^
IMAG0460.jpg
^I made a sock holder out of black PVC. It was a tube that i cut to size and cut most of the tubes material out. Hopfully this will allow the sock to funtion just like an expensive sock holder for 40 bucks.^
IMAG0462.jpg
^ I found some cheep bamboo that should work really well. I have to cut these peices down to size and i have 20 more coming soon.^
IMAG0464.jpgIMAG0465.jpg
^ This is where i will soon attach an alge screen to eat up lots of nitrates. I wanted to get the plants set so i knew how much room i had above them.^
IMAG0467.jpgIMAG0470.jpg
^ This is the overflow box. I put a section of flexable PVC about the ball valve so that movment from postioning the socks or changing the alge screen, wont crack the opening around the bulkhead on the overflow box.^

IMAG0460.jpg

IMAG0462.jpg

IMAG0464.jpg

IMAG0465.jpg

IMAG0467.jpg

IMAG0470.jpg

mitchb

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2011
victoria
I am interested to hear how the bamboo works, as I have been debating adding it to my sump for a bit.

your sock holder should work well, I have a similar styled setup.

Majinn

Candiru
MFK Member
May 30, 2009
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
wow! love the black sand n good luck with the sump!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store