Mar 17, 2008
West Virginia
www.myspace.com

masone

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2006
Cairns, Australia
easy to breed, stick them in a tank with lots of plants and feed them well. Just remember they are mouthbrooders and males hold the eggs so dont move him when he's holding. One of the ones we caught spat the eggball in the holding tub. We also netted one with almost wrigglers as well in its mouth.

gobucks1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2008
West Virginia
www.myspace.com
That's great. Pupumole directed me to a site where i could buy them for $20 each. I'm going to have to buy a few sometime soon and try my hand at breeding them.

Thanks for your help.

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
ive seen them come into the lfs near me before.
supposedly they act much like nandus nandus.
ive heard of them getting some disease very easily?

Kaliedoscope

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2010
Oklahoma City Oklahoma USA
www.facebook.com
SO how do they breed? Im very interested in this... they are a kind of cardinalfish are they not?
what kind of habitat do they come from? Can anybody attest to having seen them in the wild?

What kind of tank setup would it take to breed them.

I am assuming that they need live food though, live fish?

masone

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2006
Cairns, Australia
Male holds eggs. This guy was a one of four feeder/cleanup crew in my gar tank. They still bred. Usually found along stream edges in slow moving water among weeds and overhanging grass or around log snags. See them in the wild everytime I go to a creek :) Will take chopped prawn and other meaty food readily, live shrimp and earthworms are a fave.

Vid of my snakehead gudgeon chasing a pair after they snatched his food.
[video=youtube;0URWd3qrYbw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0URWd3qrYbw&feature=BFa&list=ULuBgBcORcez4[/video]

Decker504

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2010
New Orleans/Old Metry
Male holds eggs. This guy was a one of four feeder/cleanup crew in my gar tank. They still bred. Usually found along stream edges in slow moving water among weeds and overhanging grass or around log snags. See them in the wild everytime I go to a creek :) Will take chopped prawn and other meaty food readily, live shrimp and earthworms are a fave.

Vid of my snakehead gudgeon chasing a pair after they snatched his food.
[video=youtube;0URWd3qrYbw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0URWd3qrYbw&feature=BFa&list=ULuBgBcORcez4[/video]
Looks just like my Caquetia myersi from Colombia

From DJ/MC Decker

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store