My Channa from India and Rest of the World

Oleoleole

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2007
BKK
Hi Tabby,

I am Maruliusmaniac. Could you please share some picture of your marulius "Coorg"?
What is the meaning of "Coorg"?

Thanks,
Ole'

peterek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
London-UK
Hello Tabby:)
That Asiatica 'China Yellow' is awesome:WHOA:
If you keep it in London someday I would like to see it;)

Tabby7

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2012
London/Bangalore
Thanks guys.

Bartlo- Firebacks/Flamebacks have medium to low levels of aggression and are easy to keep even as adults.

Phulltank57- Thanks. Yes, no marulioides as they're difficult to get in India and plus we have plenty of marulius variants including the pseudomarulia hence very taxing to keep more than one in home aquaria.

Oleoleole- 'Coorg' is the name of a place in South India and the marulius was caught there. Too many regional/colour variants of marulius so it's best to classify them with their catch locations.

Peter- Hi Peter, many thanks. The asiatica 'China Yellow' is in India like 99% of my Channa and my cousin received the fish last month. It is roughly 13'' TL.

Cheers,
Tabby

Tabby7

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2012
London/Bangalore
@ Ole- This link of Indian Anglers' site should have some good pictures of various marulia variants. Additionally, browse through 'Murrel fishing' and you will have plenty of pics and stories for you to sit back and enjoy :)

http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.php?t=2825

Nicklks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2011
Singapore
Really really impressive. have always loved channa one thing about them is their aggression, cant keep more that one in a tank.

Brucki

Gambusia
MFK Member
Hey Tabby,

thanks for the link, really interesting !! NIce to see habuitat poics and biiiiiiiiig catches. And luckily the language is english, so I can understand a little of the writing.
very much appreciatet Thank You very much !!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store