My Channa from India and Rest of the World

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
Beautiful collection. As others have said, that 'china yellow' asiatica is amazing. Love the barcas as well.

Tabby7

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2012
London/Bangalore
@ m.hiko- Very gentle filtration force, a sponge filter works well. Mine usually breed when the filtration is turned off in summer and water level lowered a bit.

@ Nicklks- Thanks, yes Channa are very demanding in terms of individual tanks unless they are a pair.

@ Brucki- Thanks and cheers, glad it makes for some exciting Channa reading!

@ bottles- Thanks mate.

@ warman98- Thanks, your pleuro should grow into a beauty! Nice to see people keeping Channa in Portugal as well. :)

@ dln78- Thanks, you should get some Channa then.

Cheers,
Tabby

rocky2

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 1, 2010
india
awsum collection

Hydrocyanide

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2012
United States
Pretty sure I just sh** my pants. You have probably the coolest collection of fish I have ever seen. Jealousy isn't the word, its prime freaking EVIL! that's awesome. I have always been into snakehead, although never kept one, but if I could, it would be top list. Those fish are so beautiful and for their nature, incredible. This is the fist time I have been on this side of the forum and I'm glad I did. I think you have caused my second bad habit haha!; snakehead tank! Thanks for your post and pictures!

Tabby7

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2012
London/Bangalore
Thanks guys, will do more updates with time.

@ Hydrocyanide- Many thanks for the appreciation. Glad to know you'll make Channa a second bad habit now, a lot of effort has gone in to put all these species of Channa together in comfort hence they're showing off their beauty, character & personality. :)

Adding a couple of random pics to go with this post:

Channa stewartii 'Assam' male

Channa ornatipinnis

Enjoy! :)

ravenrage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2012
somewhere peacefull
OMG!!! WHAT DID I JUST SEE??? SIMPLY FREAKING BRILLIANT MAN!!!! someone informed me to register and see the snakeheads posted here..... your probably the most lucky snakehead keeper ever!! how did u get that may barca??? arent they very rare??? also how do u keep so many snakeheads from dwarf to giant ones??? u must be evil!!!

feel incredible i made a visit here, i have to get my hands on a few more now!! superb snakeheads Tabby7!!! :headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store