Monster Danios! -Yoma Danio - Danio feegradei

projectile

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2007
ind
These are Gaint danios (Devario aequipinnatus), very common around southern part of India, when kept in numbers they do look great (especially males get more blue they grow upto 4" in the wild , but might grow a bit more with good care and feed))
On a typical fish catching trips we make can catch upto a few hundreds in the span of few beers!
Some LFS guys also use these as feeder fish which can give the aros some exercise as well. But i have noticed that eventually others monsters get tired of chasing them around and live happily ever after.

PS: they breed like nuts (fry food maybe?)
;)
Projectile

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
These are Gaint danios (Devario aequipinnatus), very common around southern part of India, when kept in numbers they do look great (especially males get more blue they grow upto 4" in the wild , but might grow a bit more with good care and feed))
On a typical fish catching trips we make can catch upto a few hundreds in the span of few beers!
Some LFS guys also use these as feeder fish which can give the aros some exercise as well. But i have noticed that eventually others monsters get tired of chasing them around and live happily ever after.

PS: they breed like nuts (fry food maybe?)
;)
Projectile
no..these are not Devario aequipinnatus they are Danio feegradei

"Distribution

Currently considered endemic to the Rakhine Yoma/Arakan mountains in Rakhine state, western Myanmar; this range forms a natural barrier which cuts the state off from the remainder of the country. Type locality is ‘roadside drains, Sandoway, lower Myanmar’, Sandoway being the former name of modern-day Thandwe in Rakhine state."

http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/danio-feegradei/

they only entered the hobby in 2005.. I do plan to breed them.

svtim

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2008
The VILLE
.where you get them from for .99 cents? o_O
Lfs here in louisville ky, they ask 1.99 but i talked them down if i buy in large schools like 20 or more

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store