10/12/2012 New List at Rt4 Updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr fishy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2012
florida
I will have my friend ask Segrest Farms tomorrow, they will know better then anyone.
Bro you know how many times I've been to segrest A LOT .just because they say something doesn't mean it is where do we get all these "red Texas "them I've asked yes and they said its not legal but I have proof from oddball seeing how he looked it up and had to get it from the CITES heck ill even call the FWC if I have too but segrest is wrong I'm telling you.you looked at the thread on banned fish next to bony-tongue it had arapaima didn't it?i thought so

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Chicxulub

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2009
http://www.myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/nonnatives/conditional-prohibited-species/prohibited/

Nowhere on there does it list ANY kind of arowana....

http://www.myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/nonnatives/conditional-prohibited-species/conditional/

... but they are on this list. The fish contained in this list "are not allowed to be personally possessed, although exceptions are made by permit from the Executive Director for research, commercial use (with security measures to prevent escape or release) or public exhibition purposes". The only exception it makes in the arowana family is expressly stated to be silver arowanas.

Sorry guys, except for silver arowana, NO bonytongues in Florida.

mr fishy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2012
florida
Then ill get a permit but to prove ironwood wrong they are not ILLEGAL they are prohibited without permit so ha

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Hate to say it but, unless you are actively doing certified research or own a public aquarium you can only keep the silver aro in FL. The laws changed as of last winter to include the african aro to the list of no-no species.

mr fishy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2012
florida
Hate to say it but, unless you are actively doing certified research or own a public aquarium you can only keep the silver aro in FL. The laws changed as of last winter to include the african aro to the list of no-no species.
Perfect excuse to set up a public aquarium lol and why was it added to nono species?and why do you need a permit seeing how not all of Florida is like Miami

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
There's no explanation as to why afaros were added to the list. And, don't worry about permits, ...hobbyists can't get one. Permits are only for bonafide research facilities, some businesses, and public aquaria.

f22

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Crap. Please post pics when they come back in. I might be coming into a little extra money in a week or so and if I do, I'll want a vatf and a flagtail. Still the same kind as when I asked last time?

Also, did you see the PM I sent you?
Yes. :)
Same prochilodus as last time. my supplier is out of them at the moment though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store