Metal Monster 650 is it possible? in progress!

joelypops

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2012
Rochester, Kent, UK
Just told my gf that when we move I want a house with a basement. When she asked why I just showed her some of these pics. She says you are a bad influence lol

Sent from my HTC One X using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
haha i know how that goes...luckily my g/f moved in when i already had around 15 tanks running so now that theres 29 its not so much a surprise, her face was priceless when she came home to me inside the 12ft. pool though lol :) But yeah i def. bought my house for the basement. Theres a staircase right from the garage leading to the basement that makes bringing tanks down a breeze (this was def. the selling factor). I carried a tape measure with me when i looked for a home to measure every entrance doorway. If they were too small i stopped there haha.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
thanks for all the support everyone! i really appreciate it. Its an extreme amount of upkeep and gets me in trouble with my other half. but well worth it lol. Waterchanging is just another part of my day. Its a chore just to get everyone fed these days but i still need more tanks!!!!! my 16'x8'x4' is already in the making aswell....pics to come :)

doubledragon

The House Of Endlie
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
ohio
Thank's for the update. Everything look's great. I miss those 125g stackers. But they went to a good home... The goonch's look awesome. I am so jealous of the 650g right now... All the aro's look great in there. A tank you could easily loose hours out of your day by watching them swim. lol. Can't wait to come up again.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Thank's for the update. Everything look's great. I miss those 125g stackers. But they went to a good home... The goonch's look awesome. I am so jealous of the 650g right now... All the aro's look great in there. A tank you could easily loose hours out of your day by watching them swim. lol. Can't wait to come up again.
Alot has changed since u been in town as always hah...Def. love the aro city,best group of fish in there for the past 2 yrs. they actually pick on the Lung lol. Sadly i probably spend more time watching my pair of sharks though, its hard to pick favorites when your surrounded :)

doubledragon

The House Of Endlie
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
ohio
Yeah I know, all my tank's are my favorite to. lol.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Bad ass subscribed aaaawwwweeeeeesome :D

Sent from my HTC One X using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Nice to see i have some fans hah...Thanks again!! Looks like i need to get goin on my next creation. My dilemma is moving the 12' intex holding 11 18-30" tsn and a large florida softshell turtle. I actually need to build them a holding tank in order to clear space for the 16x8' build. Luckily i have a wine cellar in the basement where this temp pond will go. I have already Ames Blue Max'd the entire room and ceiling to prepare for the pond. Its a bit cold in there now so i need to insulate the walls with something first. Pretty positive ill be using 3m5200 on the temp build. Of course there will be a window haha, I know ill keep it running :) I'm thinking an entire filter room for the new tank, the room is 8x12. Any way, knowing myself ill be working on both builds at the same time so ill try and keep some pics up of my progress.

CJH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2007
*Confidential*
I've been meaning to re-read this thread and finally got around to it. Unfortunately it was pretty quick with my kids bouncing around. I do have a few questions and I apologize in advance if these were already covered earlier.

Did you weld this with MIG, flux core, AC stick, DC stick, or what? What welder did you use specifically?

Was the original plan to just have the tank lined with the 1/2" HDPE and then attach the window to that? But you wanted the liner for extra peace of mind?

How did you "heat weld" the HDPE? I assume you used some sort of plastic welder? Which one if so? Did you ever test that seal with even a shallow fill?

And do I understand you got all this steel for free? That's crazy. Steel is so expensive right now.

Tanks is great. Glad to hear you're running a de-humidifier.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store