Most Black tip reef shark tank sizes given on MFK are WAY to large

Status
Not open for further replies.

charles-n-charge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2010
Livingston Tx
I doubt that they would take all. Maybe some, MAYBE.

just a quick question how much experience do you have with fresh and and or saltwater tanks?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
That's a very irrelevant question, considering I'm giving you the same info that other members are on here that have been in the hobby for 20 and 30 years, and who work with these animals on a regular basis.

But, I personally have been in the hobby for 5 years now, and have been in saltwater for 2 years. I'm now exclusively saltwater.
I've dedicated the entire past 5 years of my life to this hobby, and plan to continue for as long as I live

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Go look at bamboo sharks instead.

archers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2012
canada
That's a very irrelevant question, considering I'm giving you the same info that other members are on here that have been in the hobby for 20 and 30 years, and who work with these animals on a regular basis.

But, I personally have been in the hobby for 5 years now, and have been in saltwater for 2 years. I'm now exclusively saltwater.
I've dedicated the entire past 5 years of my life to this hobby, and plan to continue for as long as I live

I think you misunderstood me, I was asking shark123 how long he has been keeping fish.

Youre giving great info

charles-n-charge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2010
Livingston Tx
I think you misunderstood me, I was asking shark123 how long he has been keeping fish.

Youre giving great info

Haha I'm sorry.
I honestly didn't look to see who posted that... I was so used to the OP coming back with little remarks that I thought I was replying to something the OP had posted. Didn't notice it was you...

I feel dumb lol

doveandgrenade

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2012
Canada
The idea that a 500g tank is ok is absolutely nuts!
One of the LFS here had a nice reef tip in a 500g tank and one day during a water change it got spooked and rammed itself into the glass non stop until it died.

Shark123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2013
Canada
The idea that a 500g tank is ok is absolutely nuts!
One of the LFS here had a nice reef tip in a 500g tank and one day during a water change it got spooked and rammed itself into the glass non stop until it died.

wow. Just wow. That's a horrible way for an animal to die, ramming itself to death. Do you have the name of the LFS by any chance?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Im what you would call a "noob".
If your a self confessed noob, then i would steer clear of ANY shark species till you at lest know how to properly run and maintain a saltwater tank... Sharks come with a lot of very expensive bills when it comes to filtration, feeding, water changes etc, and is definitely not something you just go out and buy on a whim or even with very little research and experience...

Also, i just want to say, listening to your LFS can sometimes be the dumbest idea possible, since you can't forget that these guys are looking to SELL YOU FISH, crazy idea right, but some shops will literally do anything to get the sale made, including selling a shark to a person who by no means should have one without a tank that is in the 1000's of gallons range and up and the experience needed to keep such a beast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store