Most Black tip reef shark tank sizes given on MFK are WAY to large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Oh I know that one. IMO the tank is gigantic.
Go in and ask the guys at Big Al's how many black tips have died in that tank due to it being too small. If they answer honestly, your jaw will hit the floor.
In it's sister tank (the one in FL), I gutted the fake reef to give almost 50% more swimming space, and it's still too small for them.

Those 12' tanks are much better suited for white tip reef sharks, catsharks, bamboo sharks and the like.

Shark123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2013
Canada
Guys I'm extremely sorry. I'm not a troll or an inhumane person, just un-experienced. I never knew BTRS needed so much space, ill just stay away from them.

Shark123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2013
Canada
Sorry guys I got all my info from my LFS, I thought everything he said was true.. Better be more careful of him now.

kasaki89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
hamilton
why would anyone wanna keep a blacktip in there house anyways ... start off with clownfish , even keeping them can be difficult at times,
I live in Hamilton, Ive been to the Mississauga store a couple times and I must stay, with all the fake coral and stupid niknac's in that tank, its way to small even for the groupers they have in there..

charles-n-charge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2010
Livingston Tx
Do some research and look into smaller shark species. There are some that will fit into the size tank you're proposing, but black tips aren't one of them.

You're probably best off starting with smaller cat sharks. That's what I'm currently doing, in hopes of someday moving into larger sharks once I'm more experienced with sharks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store