Arowanas swimming sideways

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
I'm just amazed how someone can tell me what I said and twist it to then tell me to comprehend what I'm reading.
yeah fair enough but if you really want to argue it out then pm or something because I doubt the op wants this thread derailed especially in these circumstances..

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
yeah fair enough but if you really want to argue it out then pm or something because I doubt the op wants this thread derailed especially in these circumstances..

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
True. But I'm done this subject isn't even worth arguing. There is no right or wrong answer for drop eye, only myths. It's just beating a dead horse.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
How about we actually confirm this "baby" aro has DE before suggesting so called cures for it:duh: Unless the OP ads more info there isn't going to be any useful advice anyhow. Like I said before DE is very rare in baby aros, so the chances of this actually being DE is pretty slim.

"Comprehend" this, OVER FEEDING. Over feeding means an excess of food which leads to their fat sack behind their eye to push the eye down. You can't even spell comprehend.. What is coprehend? And nice run on sentences you have going on. Maybe you should focus on you're grammar. Those are my opinions of what causes drop eyes. And like I said if you want to argue the cause of drop eye then gtfo. No one knows and I'm lending helpful option that have been proven to work in some cases. So unless you have the cure stop posting when your grammar is as poor as your knowledge.
Yes you have explained overfeeding quite well and it is improper to overfeed, right?

WHAT! 31 degrees c is about 87 degrees F!!! LOWER THE TEMP FIRST! you should be around 80F max!!!! Have it around 78 degrees F which is about 26 degrees C. I know hotter water leads to a faster metabolism but if it isnt a asian aro you will have negitive side affects and will shorten your aros life span, please lower the temp to around 26C.

As for the swimming sideways, do you have lots of aeration? If so cut back on the aeration because its a swim balder problem. Cutting back on it will solve it but it may take a while.

For the drop eye, you maybe feeding to much. The drop eye causes are the following 1. Over feeding/Fatty Foods, 2. Genetics, 3. Reflections. Look at the top 3 reasons and read the fixes I post.

1. This is the most common, everyone wants a bigger fish which leads to feeding more. If you do feed to much limit back feeding. This theory which many have proven is that behind the eye is a fat sack which stores fat. When you feed to much this fat "sack" gets bigger pushing the eye down. Starving/fasting the aro will eliminate the drop eye.

2. As aros became more popular there are many bad breeders who inbred aros which cause drop eye. If this is the case cross your fingers that it will get better. There is no fix for genetics. Many people have said putting them in ponds will fix it within two weeks. So if you have a pond throw it in there! But if you dont, dont worry too much about it. Maybe it will go away on its own.

3. If it is reflections its a easy fix. Just get back grounds and maybe back grounds for the sides of the tank as well making sure you have the bottom covered too. As in rocks paint etc. But do it fast there is no time frame but refection can harm the fish permanently.

And to answer your question about why do they have drop eye if you only feed them pellets is simple. You're pellets have a HIGH HIGH fat contain. Try to switch one of their meals a day with market prawns which are simply uncooked market shrimp. Market shrimp is great for a stable diet.

Good luck.
Gotta love people that want to point out spelling and grammar, yet fail themselves.

True. But I'm done this subject isn't even worth arguing. There is no right or wrong answer for drop eye, only myths. It's just beating a dead horse.
So why even introduce this nonsensical DE info into this thread?

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Read the post right above you fool, and hes something for you.

Oh that's you by the way. Have fun.

Arnold.kairanna

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Could someone please answer why the fish swims side ways?? This has happened with my fish too. Can someone please tell me why this is happening ??

Droptopwop

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2018
London, ON
I've noticed a huge difference with my silver aro with shuting of the light as all he would do is hide now hes swimming but never once turn away food mine never like pellets for some reason just shrimp and tilapia he did develop drop eye so maybe I am feeding mine to much? I eats pretty much 1 full shrimp a day? 2 what is the best temp for silver aros as I've hurd so many diff my temp is 81/82 Fahrenheit

Aaryan

Feeder Fish
Nov 30, 2021
Switch off the light above the tank and observe again. If it start to swim straight after switching off the light then it mean the position of the light is causing the fish to swim side way. Then shift the light above so that the fish won't get affected.
My arowana had jumped out of the tank, it seems to be fine now. But when i switch of the light it swims tilted and when i turn it back on, it swims straight. Just like what you said. Wdym by position of light is making it swim that way. The light is on top, where else am i supposed to put it ??
Pls give me more info on what i should do.

Waiting for a response

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store