Poster of predatory "Characin "

Chicxulub

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2009
You used the wrong one for tanzaniae; I included that fish in that comparo as one to illustrate VATF. Sorry for the confusion. If you like, I'll help you find quality photographs of all five ATF species to use for the poster.

Oh, and the common names for the various ATF are as follows:

GATF- Goliath Tigerfish
VATF- Southern or Common Tigerfish
BATF- Sahelian Tigerfish
FATF- Nile or Elongate Tigerfish
TATF- Tanzanian Tigerfish

Interesting to note however that BATF can be found in the Nile and FATF can be found in the Sahel. Go figure lol.

As for your question earlier, B. hilarii and S. hilarii are different species. They are quite similar in appearance but different none the less. Here's a quick comparo picture I did for the ID thread:

keytospecies.jpg

Again, I'm happy to help with pictures of Salminus if you need it. I have a bunch of good shots archived. Those are much harder to find than are ATF pics.

keytospecies.jpg

follarin63

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2013
deep water
Hello thanks for the common names

"If you like, I'll help you find quality photographs of all five ATF species to use for the poster" you are welcome ^^, i need help !

"As for your question earlier, B. hilarii and S. hilarii" ok so know i need some good pics too, if you have some good photos of the salminus genus, i'll be honored to put them on the poster for the members

You used the wrong one for tanzaniae; I included that fish in that comparo as one to illustrate VATF. Sorry for the confusion. If you like, I'll help you find quality photographs of all five ATF species to use for the poster.

Oh, and the common names for the various ATF are as follows:

GATF- Goliath Tigerfish
VATF- Southern or Common Tigerfish
BATF- Sahelian Tigerfish
FATF- Nile or Elongate Tigerfish
TATF- Tanzanian Tigerfish

Interesting to note however that BATF can be found in the Nile and FATF can be found in the Sahel. Go figure lol.

As for your question earlier, B. hilarii and S. hilarii are different species. They are quite similar in appearance but different none the less. Here's a quick comparo picture I did for the ID thread:

View attachment 934428

Again, I'm happy to help with pictures of Salminus if you need it. I have a bunch of good shots archived. Those are much harder to find than are ATF pics.

follarin63

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2013
deep water
Hello

could you help me please ? ^^

"If you like, I'll help you find quality photographs of all five ATF species to use for the poster" you are welcome ^^, i need help !

"As for your question earlier, B. hilarii and S. hilarii" ok so know i need some good pics too, if you have some good photos of the salminus genus, i'll be honored to put them on the poster for the members

Sorry man! I'll get on it soon!

I've been unusually busy this week. Damn finals! :irked:

follarin63

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2013
deep water
Nobody ?? ^^

Hello

could you help me please ? ^^

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Do you need Dorado pics? I have both Franciscanus and Brasiliensis. Could take some pics for you when I move them. They don't stay still enough in the tank to get any decent pics, at least with my crappy camera.

Chicxulub

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2009
See the dorado sticky for pictures of all four dorado species, I feel the images I used there will likely work for you. The same could be said for tigerfish; reference the pics in the sticky. If they don't work for you, I'll try to dig something up.

I've been fairly busy with work lately.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store