Post your Wolf fish Pictures!!

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
My wolves...... Aimara and Lacerdae

This Lacerdae is the same fish that is in post #5 at the beginning of this thread. :)

Still begs for food at the first sight of anyone in front of the tank.

DSCN8940.JPG

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Aimara fine with Rays?
Has been with rays since the first day it arrived. Guessing it's been here close to 2 years. Never had any kind of issues with tank mates, and there's been a lot of tank mates. :)

I guess they're supposed to get meaner when older, but mine has been the opposite. Doesn't even flare gills at me anymore, and I'm even able to clean the tank without issues.

bonesb66

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2010
Birmingham
Mine was ok with rays but i moved the rays out to live with other rays - i just wondered about if i move rays back in future if he would behave differently.

Mine is aggressive but nothing too bad, he gets it as well as gives it out - i think the reputation comes from when people keep them in smaller tank, i think one in a 180G would be mean with any other fish in there

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Mine was ok with rays but i moved the rays out to live with other rays - i just wondered about if i move rays back in future if he would behave differently.

Mine is aggressive but nothing too bad, he gets it as well as gives it out - i think the reputation comes from when people keep them in smaller tank, i think one in a 180G would be mean with any other fish in there
I've heard stories of a big Aimara (2') in a 180 hitting the glass so hard the owner was actually worried about the tank and was sold to someone with a bigger home for it.

I actually had to remove my Aimara from the bigger rays that kept pinning the wolf. Spent another 6-8 months in a smaller tank until big enough to try again and it worked fine, but I've always kept mine in tanks with rays for the same reason you're describing. Didn't want it to get used to not having rays around.

I think I've had more issues with aggression from my Dorado towards tank mates then any wolf.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store