Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I did know that

and you're wrong too. I actually like soccer. Used to play it. I prefer watching soccer over baseball

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Baseball is the only american sport I don't like. Granted I prefer football/soccer to all of your sports, yet I do enjoy watching/playing basketball and watching hockey(ice hockey, field hockey sucks) and American Football.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk App

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
Meet Mabel, I'm picking her up next weekend. Need to come up with a new name by then.
Congrats to you :)

I didn't like one of my adopted dogs' names either, but if they really know their name it works against bonding not to use it.
I experienced that firsthand with her not fully connecting. Eventually we learned her lifelong name...I'll never forget her reaction! She turned her head so fast, it practically broke her neck ;-) there was an instant look of relief/recognition in her eyes and she was SO happy settling in.
I tried to think of something that'd rhyme & sound like it, but that didn't work. Lol.
It's kind of sad how mature dogs arrive at rescues nameless.

Have fun!

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
We changed the name on one of our rescues as well. She wasn't used to human contact that much so changing it was easy. Best of luck and thank you for adopting.

Sent from my LG-D500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
We changed the name on one of our rescues as well. She wasn't used to human contact that much so changing it was easy. Best of luck and thank you for adopting.

Sent from my LG-D500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Most of mine have been able go be changed to something similar and everyone was happy, but there was one who wouldn't respond to anyname except the one she grew up with(raised from a pupy by a child of about the same age so she was called puddles). And honestly if I can't change Mabel then I can deal with calling her Mae or Belly girl.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
you're a walking talking sterotype with that answer

i've decided i'm never clicking on any thread that has to do with any brand of food. it's gotta be the lamest topic on this site. too many personal agendas

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
you're a walking talking sterotype with that answer

i've decided i'm never clicking on any thread that has to do with any brand of food. it's gotta be the lamest topic on this site. too many personal agendas
A lot of nitpicking over the smallest details in those threads by people who probably eat fast food on a daily basis.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store