Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
everyone I knew's first car was a complete piece of *censored*. With the exception of the very spoiled kids most had to wait to actually get something decent, but we were all just grateful to have something that ran.

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
I got my first car when I graduated from college. My parents paid the down payment as a graduation gift.
I paid the rest.

It was a 95 Honda accord. Interestingly, I traded it in in 2006 for my current Camry. One of my neighbors bought it from the dealer and he still drives it down the street. I still have the spares actually; if I'm younger and more reckless, I would be tempted to park his car in different spots just to mess with his head; but I think I am too old and "wise" for that...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
just let your inner child out and do it once , go on you know you want to ;)

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
I got my first car when I graduated from college. My parents paid the down payment as a graduation gift.
I paid the rest.

It was a 95 Honda accord. Interestingly, I traded it in in 2006 for my current Camry. One of my neighbors bought it from the dealer and he still drives it down the street. I still have the spares actually; if I'm younger and more reckless, I would be tempted to park his car in different spots just to mess with his head; but I think I am too old and "wise" for that...

Do it and upload it to youtube!

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
everyone I knew's first car was a complete piece of *censored*. With the exception of the very spoiled kids most had to wait to actually get something decent, but we were all just grateful to have something that ran.
That's why I'm waiting as long as I can to get my first car. I'd rather not have one for a few more years and get something decent than have something that looks and is *** and needs repairing all the time.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk App

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
That's why I'm waiting as long as I can to get my first car. I'd rather not have one for a few more years and get something decent than have something that looks and is *** and needs repairing all the time.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk App
But that is half the fun in owning your first car. That sense of adventure, will it get us there or not. Putting it back together in your drive at 2Am after fixing the motor so you can use it to get to work that morning. Good times and character building. Ask anyone and they will tell you I am quite a character.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store