How to get an Asian Arowana permit in the US?

tbrown7552

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2015
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
I went back and read the rocky threads on here and saw people saying give it to the Shedd Aquarium. Its not that easy. A friend of mine approached them about giving them his Goonch Cat once its to large for the tank to have a rare species on display there in tank big enough for it to grow out. They got really ****ty with him and told him if he cant take care of the fish to give it to the Humane Society. Its not that he cant take care of the fish. Hes had it almost 3 years now. a 24 inch goonch cant just stay in a 220 gallon.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
I went back and read the rocky threads on here and saw people saying give it to the Shedd Aquarium. Its not that easy. A friend of mine approached them about giving them his Goonch Cat once its to large for the tank to have a rare species on display there in tank big enough for it to grow out. They got really ****ty with him and told him if he cant take care of the fish to give it to the Humane Society. Its not that he cant take care of the fish. Hes had it almost 3 years now. a 24 inch goonch cant just stay in a 220 gallon.
My father knows many people at the shedd. They're great people and your buddy probably talked to the wrong person there. Im local to there 20 minutes away and my father even asked them if they were to take 2 pacus that were about 2 feet in size. I had them in my 500 gallon tank. Got way too big. Sad thing was I lost everything in the tank due to a power outage....

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I can imagine the amount of calls that public aquariums must receive from people looking to rehome their overgrown fish.A lot of the people there must get tired of having to tell people that they don't need or want their pets.

tbrown7552

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2015
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
My father knows many people at the shedd. They're great people and your buddy probably talked to the wrong person there. Im local to there 20 minutes away and my father even asked them if they were to take 2 pacus that were about 2 feet in size. I had them in my 500 gallon tank. Got way too big. Sad thing was I lost everything in the tank due to a power outage....
PM me a higher ups name and well ask them when we go next. He just wants the cat to have as good of a life as possible if its not in his tank. It would be extra nice to have her on display.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store