Someone please ID this fish

koizilla714

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2016
Planet Earth
well the lfs lied to me then. It was sold to me as oxydoras and paid $30 for them. would lfs accept returns for false advertising?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
well the lfs lied to me then. It was sold to me as oxydoras and paid $30 for them. would lfs accept returns for false advertising?
Perhaps they did not lie and that is what the fish came from their supplier labeled as?.....it happens.I would keep it and grow it out as it is more rare than a Niger cat and,not sure which size tank you have but Nigers grow huge.The hassar may not grow as big.

koizilla714

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2016
Planet Earth
Perhaps they did not lie and that is what the fish came from their supplier labeled as?.....it happens.I would keep it and grow it out as it is more rare than a Niger cat and,not sure which size tank you have but Nigers grow huge.The hassar may not grow as big.
I have a 135, 40, and a 15. He's currently in the 15 with some loaches. it's just hard to search only about this fish and i don't know much. I guess i have to try. heheh Thanks

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
AFAIK none of Hassars break 8" SL. Seem to be an undisputably better fit for your tanks.

Have you tried PlanetCatfish, ScotCat, SeriouslyFish, FishBase, AquaticCommunity, etc.?

These are not commonly offered indeed.

FastFisher5

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2015
PA
I had the same thing happen to me recently. LFS sold me the wrong cichlid and I went back in to tell them. They could've cared less. All I got was "Sorry, but yeah it may get pretty aggressive". Since when do fish stores not care about their fish or their customers? But on a happier note I love that catfish

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Generalization is usually wrong and this one in particular, speaking from experience. Sorry you've not had a better customer service but different stores have different policies and it's a good thing to know your return / warranty policy before swiping the credit card. I indeed have met with both kinds of scenarios, where a store would give you a week or give you nothing at all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store