How large do electric blue acaras get?

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I've never seen one bigger than 4-5" either.

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
I've never even seen an 8" male blue acara. They almost always top out around 6". My electric blues all ended up in the 4 - 5" range.

LogiBear

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2015
Minnesota
Ive heard on occasion they electric blues are hybrids (not sure of this?) which could mean they could get to larger sizes then normal BAs. They are also pretty slow growing especially as adults, so i imagine that 8 inches in possible but it would just take a while?

I would say a normal maximum would be 6" though, regardless of whether or not they are a hybrid... Most species that they could have come from dont get too much bigger than that, so 6" is my guess

Jonnyakawombell

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2010
durham
supposedly 5-6" for females, 8" males.....I have yet to see either above 5"
Same here I've had loads of a acaras standard and electrics never had one bigger then around 5" ,most certainly no were near 8", I had a breeding pair for around 4-5 years as well before give them to my brother he still has them now they have to be around 7 years old now, the male is 5"-5.5" and fat the female is 4" the live in a 75g, forgot to mention the pair I'm speaking about were standards

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
Even a lot of tank-bred blue acaras are likely hybrids with things like rivulatus, latifrons, etc. I don't think the electric blues are any more so than others. There are electric blue fish (rams, Blue Diamond discus, EBJD) that are not hybridized with other species.

Mine are three years old and topped out at 5" or so. They bulked up but they quit growing in length. They may slowly continue to grow as they get older but a bulk of the growth is done.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
Is the electric blue just a tank bred modification of the blue acara.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store