Rare Compatibility question

kody929

Candiru
MFK Member
May 16, 2013
Anywhere, Allthetime
Hello everyone how's the fish lol I had a question a few advanced SA aquarist Can answer. I recently received 3x Herichthys bocourti(Golden Mojarra), 3x Caquetaia myersi, those beautiful new Red Tiger Severums, 4x Astratheros/Criboheros robertsoni and some wild Colombian Oscars. They are all 1" long and in a grow out. They will be joining 2x Pearsei, Pinstripe Damba, Mesoheros ornatum and small Temensis bass. I've not had a lot of experience with the new 1" fish. Does anybody have any experience and tips about some of the above fish? Any weird thing that they do. Thanks and sorry for the selfish post lol

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

kody929

Candiru
MFK Member
May 16, 2013
Anywhere, Allthetime
I'm just asking about compatibility. But 210g 2xfx6 installing an Aquaclear 110 40% every week. They need to grow a bit to be let loose in that tank. Either way decor is multiple caves lot of hiding spots. Also only 1 or 2 of each will be kept. Others sold along the way

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
You need to move on around half of those fish or you will be over stocked.
The bocourti and robertsoni are not south American they are from central America.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
The bocourti and pears are primarily vegetarian, and they alone will eventually max out your tank.
The menerambo also get around the same size, mine easily hit 15" and maxed out a similar size tank. I ended up moving my last Paretroplus to a 500 gal indoor pool to keep them properly.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
The bocourti and pears are primarily vegetarian, and they alone will eventually max out your tank.
The menerambo also get around the same size, mine easily hit 15" and maxed out a similar size tank. I ended up moving my last Paretroplus to a 500 gal indoor pool to keep them properly.

LOL!!!!! They really ARE in a pond!!

kody929

Candiru
MFK Member
May 16, 2013
Anywhere, Allthetime
I agree with everyone. There will be adjustments without a doubt. Eventually I envision basically one of each (if anyone thinks a school/multiples of certain species is beneficial let me know). Which of the bocourti or Pearsei get bigger I'm getting mixed messages online. I think Pearsei get almost 2x bocourti but not sure. How did you get your Menarambo to grow so big ? Mine has hit a wall at about 7" in a lonely tank

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I believe bocourti, and pearsei get similar in size.
As far as growth goes, to me its all about the amount of water changes to remove nitrates, and hormones. I usually do 30% water changes every other day, and believe this is one of the keys to good growth. I know some people that do 90% every day, and get better results than mine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store