New Suriname aimara

Lobonator

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2015
Not too big on the wolf fish. But the pattern on that is beautiful! nice pick up!!!

Reactions: Luc

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
White tank treatment wolf?
It does look nice though....I wonder why a lot of peoples in south east asia like to use white tank for their fishes.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Looks the same as amapa to me?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Looks the same as amapa to me?
You mean Venezuelan.. amapa is pitch black no matter what the tank is like. DB big one that passed was an amapa, he had it in a light blue tank with white sand. It was full black

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Google aimara amapa and you see lots of pics like the one above, I saw some for sale here in the UK the same as above called amapa too, not sure who is right but that was one too my knowledge, of course it's just a common name anyway so you cant add too much weight to it I guess.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Here

Screenshot_2016-11-14-13-27-42.png

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Google aimara amapa and you see lots of pics like the one above, I saw some for sale here in the UK the same as above called amapa too, not sure who is right but that was one too my knowledge, of course it's just a common name anyway so you cant add too much weight to it I guess.
It is the catch location, as with many fish different catch locations can give fish slightly different adaptations such as color. Like the famous black gatf. I've never seen Venezuelan aimaras sold as amapa variants. As much as I've read amapa has always been black. But who knows what's what now lol. You can't always trust google. I'd type something in the search engine here on a fish before there.

To add I can tell you for a fact that that big one one the right 3rd pic down is jellys aimara and he always said it was Venezuelan if my memory serves me right. Also some of them have a red color to them and tapajos variants are said to be the only red aimaras and only ones I've ever seen with red. Just some food for thought. Google tends to search throughout the web and if there's a thread where a fish is called something it's isn't it may end up in google images for the wrong species or variant etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store