in aquarium, please tell me best temp & ph for spawning

i have a male & female synspilum

Thanks

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
You need a big tank--at LEAST a 125 gallon. You need a compatible male and female, and you need the male and female to bond. Just because a male and female live in a tank together doesn't mean they'll spawn. The best temp and pH are the same as the temp and pH you keep them at when they aren't breeding--so that's 78-80 degrees Fahrenheit, pH of 7.0 up to 8.0, I guess. There's no special temp or pH to make them start to breed. You just put them together, and if they want to spawn, they do.

Keep in mind that these fish are hard to sex. How sure are you that they are opposite sex? You might have 2 males or 2 females and not know it.

And the fish need to be old enough to spawn. I'd say that's around 6 inches for v. sysnpilum, maybe less?

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
If you have a compatible pair,feed them well for a couple of weeks and keep the temperature at 75. do a large water change and then increase the temperature to 78.This will normally trigger a spawn for established pairs.They don't need a cave a flat rock will do, they my use a cave ir flower pot if provided.They are relatively easy to breed and make good parents.

2013-12-30 06.52.14male veija and fry z.jpg

Melanura with young z.jpg

A shoal of livebearers will help keep the pair bond strong. I use swordtails.
Good luck.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
If you don't aready have a bonded pair, one of the best ways to get a pair is to buy 6-8 juvies, grow them up together, until a pair naturally bonds. This takes time and patience, but in the end, the benefits of a truly bonded pair can be worth the wait. I have found this to be my best route to get bonded pairs in all Vieja, and basically all cichlids.
You don't ever breed cichlids, but if you provide the right conditions, they breed in spite of you. keeping them in a tiny box.

Mohammad93

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2016
my male synspilum about 20cm maybe more than
how to bonded that to a female synspilum and make a pair of they?

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
If you want to use your male, try to get 3 or more females to allow a choice.
I see you are in Iran. You have one (maybe 2, a new one has just been described) of my most coveted cichlids native to your land. Iranocichla hormuzensus, has been on my wish list for 2 decades.
The last time I saw one for sale, a single male went for at least $300 (and a single individual is not my thing).

Reactions: Mohammad93

Mohammad93

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2016
If you want to use your male, try to get 3 or more females to allow a choice.
I see you are in Iran. You have one (maybe 2, a new one has just been described) of my most coveted cichlids native to your land. Iranocichla hormuzensus, has been on my wish list for 2 decades.
The last time I saw one for sale, a single male went for at least $300 (and a single individual is not my thing).
thank you Duane.
yeah i live in iran, shiraz city that is known as: (flower and nightingale city, Hafez & Saadi city)
by the way, yes Iranocichla hormuzensis is the only iranian cichlids fish but unfortunately these fish are highly threatened with extinction:(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store