Can someone make an english version of this?

Kristoffer.Allen

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2017
I've seen this chart differentiating species of bichirs. I think it would be helpful for individuals like me who are beginners and are only familiar with a few types of bichir and are interested in others.

bichir chart.jpg

Reactions: clm08k and magpie

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
I wouldn't entirely rely on a chart like this. It's missing a few species and is most likely out of date. But without using translations the identifications are as follows:
Top Left column-Top right column
Rope fish- Palmas polli
Ansorgii- Mokelembembe
Delhezi- Palmas Buettikoferi
Endlicheri- Palmas Palmas
Congicus- Senegal
Ornate- Senegal (which I assume they are going to call the meridonalis)
-Weeksii

Judging by the lack of Polypterus Teugelsi, and Polypterus retropinnis I'd guess this is a Pre-2005 or so chart. It's also missing lapradei, and PBB. If you're trying to try and improve your identification skills I'd suggest going through old collection update or threads with people showing pics of their fish. It's a great way to see that species while similar, can still look very different.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I wouldn't entirely rely on a chart like this. It's missing a few species and is most likely out of date. But without using translations the identifications are as follows:
Rope fish- Palmas polli
Ansorgii- Mokelembembe
Congicus- Senegal
-Weeksii

Judging by the lack of Polypterus Teugelsi, and Polypterus retropinnis I'd guess this is a Pre-2005 or so chart. It's also missing lapradei, and PBB. If you're trying to try and improve your identification skills I'd suggest going through old collection update or threads with people showing pics of their fish. It's a great way to see that species while similar, can still look very different.
Welcome back DrB.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Rope fish- Palmas polli
Ansorgii- Mokelembembe
Congicus- Senegal
-Weeksii

Welcome back, glad to see you:)

Reactions: clm08k

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Welcome back bud ! Hahha that reply is 100% dr.B
Not only a master at id'ing polys but a simple glance at a chart and can id the year it was made !

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Are we back ? Business taken care of ? Or just popping in

Dr.B Dr.B

Reactions: Polyaddict86
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store