GIANT gouramis

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
I can't figure out multi quote on this new version....forgive me for going all twitter:

Hendre Hendre Nothing to choke on, still small enough for flake food

esoxlucius esoxlucius after keeping a close eye on him today, his mouth is moving, just not closing and he's moving about fine, just with him mouth open

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I can't figure out multi quote on this new version....forgive me for going all twitter:

Hendre Hendre Nothing to choke on, still small enough for flake food

esoxlucius esoxlucius after keeping a close eye on him today, his mouth is moving, just not closing and he's moving about fine, just with him mouth open
Just reply, type your answer then go down a line or 2 then say reply on the next post ;)

Well that's better then. Maybe it's something else then

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I can't figure out multi quote on this new version
Every post has a 'quote' option. Select 'quote' from whatever posts you desire. Then in the reply box at the bottom, there's an 'insert quote' option, select that, and it'll ask you to confirm that you want to insert these quotes. Once confirmed, your chosen quotes should then appear in the reply box.

This is how it's done on my Galaxy phone and laptop/computer

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Nothing to lose. Get a hold of him and see if you can unlock the jaw. Try moving it up and down
+1
Yanbbrox Yanbbrox

Although this has never happened to me, I've often read about this on this forum. Simple fact is, if the jaw is locked open, it won't be able to eat, which will mean a slow death via starvation.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
My 18" girl (?) enjoying some cilantro

20170301_195331.jpg

Reactions: Jrp0405

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
+1
Yanbbrox Yanbbrox

Although this has never happened to me, I've often read about this on this forum. Simple fact is, if the jaw is locked open, it won't be able to eat, which will mean a slow death via starvation.

Ok thanks, I can't find anything via searches, I've moved the fish to another tank to keep a decent eye on him, it just gets lost in the that big tank so it was difficult to watch, it's odd, some days the mouth is almost closed and other days it's wide open. Now it's under a much better watch I can monitor it better, it does eat so I guess I'll see what happens

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
...and in other news meet Bertha, all 22'' of her(I know she's a boy BTW, I didn't name her). I spotted an ad online a month or so back about a guy shutting a tank down 'looking for a good home for Bertha, only people with 8 foot tanks or above'.. She was in a 7 footer so not a small tank but it was quite thin and they had her since a baby.

Now I've dealt with this site before and the people on there in the past can be abosulte *insert swear word* these guys were the salt of the earth, everything they said and said was 100% true and armed with a giant fish box off we went on the hour drive to pick her up, considering the size of fish involved I've never moved anything this big before, granted I've moved big koi for the pond before but this was in a diferent league.. their house was soaked our house was soaked but catch and release first time, only damage was a slightly glazed eye which is now almost back to 100%, she's rearanged the tank to her likling and after 2 days of not eating she will now eat almost anything... huge personality and a total flirt, I posted them updates daily on her progress and they are still a joy to deal with.

If you check out my tank thread there is a video linked of the move:

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/...it-arives-then-i-receive-a-300.440733/page-13

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
How do you post pictures these days?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store