Calling all poly keepers :bigfishnut needs you

AG458

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2017
I'm really blown away by all the cool poly pics. I've determined there isn't a poly out there that I don't like! Being true to my preference of bigger is better, I'll be concentrating on the largest species. Id like a tank full of 20+ inch beasts! First thing I'll do is start planning my build. Probably go plywood for polys. Been toying with the idea of doing a 10 foot bay style with three large viewing panels. Probably 6 sided. Something outrageous for sure!
Cool! From what I've read, the Congo gets the biggest, at around 39". I like the lower jaw species, like the endlicheri, but upper jaws are cool as well. Popular 20+ inch species kept include senegals and ornates-all of which are cool fish.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I'm really blown away by all the cool poly pics. I've determined there isn't a poly out there that I don't like! Being true to my preference of bigger is better, I'll be concentrating on the largest species. Id like a tank full of 20+ inch beasts! First thing I'll do is start planning my build. Probably go plywood for polys. Been toying with the idea of doing a 10 foot bay style with three large viewing panels. Probably 6 sided. Something outrageous for sure!
Big three upper jaws are weeksii, ornate, and teugelsi. One member had a 30 inch teug.

Lower jaws are basically , lapradei, endlicheri, ansorgii, congicus, and a few sp.s that are debated

Laps and endli have quite a few different catch locations. Imo laps show more differences between the different variants.

Cant forget pbb too

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Big three upper jaws are weeksii, ornate, and teugelsi. One member had a 30 inch teug.

Lower jaws are basically , lapradei, endlicheri, ansorgii, congicus, and a few sp.s that are debated

Laps and endli have quite a few different catch locations. Imo laps show more differences between the different variants.

Cant forget pbb too
Pretty much all of these fish have caught my eye at one time or another. Would probably make a serious attempt to acquire any of these. I may get a head start on picking up a few young polys...I have a couple large tanks sitting empty...

Reactions: magpie and jaws7777

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Pretty much all of these fish have caught my eye at one time or another. Would probably make a serious attempt to acquire any of these. I may get a head start on picking up a few young polys...I have a couple large tanks sitting empty...

Yessssssssss. Bro it takes a long time for them to get tp monster status.

Fis

Fish on!
Hes on the ropes.....

Reactions: clm08k

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I thought this would make me want polies, but it makes me want darters and ctenapoma :p

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Polys grow scarily fast! That build sounds insane

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Polys grow scarily fast! That build sounds insane
I think its subjective. Some say they slowdown at 17ish mine for the most part hit 12ish fsst then slowed down.
J jaws7777 request, for Bigfishnut Bigfishnut here is a video of my polys:)
Yes yes yes... post some pics of your endli...he seems to fancy them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store