SOLUTION to Fish ATTACKING the Glass from reflection

Aqua Nut

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2016
www.youtube.com
Today we look at a solution to stop fish from attacking the aquarium glass due to the reflection itself or nearby neighboring tanks. It also works great for aesthetic reasons, which is the main reason we will be using this option.

Often times large aggressive aquarium fish can become stressed from seeing nearby fish in other tanks or simply because they are seeing their own reflection on the sides and back panel of the aquarium. Some will try attacking the glass because of this issue so we have come up with a simple solution that is often used in the aquascaping world for aesthetic purposes.

We add the final touches to our Andinoacara Rivulatus "green terror" tank by installing some static cling Frost to the back panel of the aquarium. It is very simple to install and adds a nice background or works well as a side panel to eliminate reflections.

The frosting we are using is typically used to create privacy panels on windows or glass in the home. To install the static cling, you simply wet down the area you are applying it to and then use a squeegee or credit card to smooth it, while applying additional water to the back as needed. To get the measurements exact there is an easy to use grid pattern on the back to make it easy to cut to size before installing. It comes on a roll which was more than enough for our 75 gallon tank and was a relatively affordable option.

While the primary use of this product for us, was to make a nice background on our aquascape we will be adding a privacy panel to the side as well in the future to stop the line of sight into neighboring tanks. It is a simple alternative to painting the tank or using any other more permanent option. This static window cling can easily be removed at any time should we want to change things up. It is a tip we are glad we stole from the aquascaping pros.

Here`s a link to what we used exactly for those interested:

USA
http://amzn.to/2xDOuiD

Canada
http://amzn.to/2zl3c07

Aqua Nut

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2016
www.youtube.com
Someone has been watching uarujoeys vids :p
lol no i ordered this a long time ago. someone else just told me that though so now i am going to hear it lol I got this from the aquascapers who use it to make dynamic backgrounds using lights and shadows. I bet he got it from them as well.

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
lol no i ordered this a long time ago. someone else just told me that though so now i am going to hear it lol I got this from the aquascapers who use it to make dynamic backgrounds using lights and shadows. I bet he got it from them as well.
Im just giving ya crap man. It does actually look pretty good. I thought about it for one of my kids tanks. I was going to try to put a color onto the frosted stuff after to see if you could tint the frost

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
It also works great for aesthetic reasons, which is the main reason we will be using this option.
Not to be debbie downer, but I don't find it aesthetically pleasing, at least not for a background covering. Black latex art paint has always been my go to, especially if one has black heaters, and black intake tubes. (such as it appears you do in that tank) That, accompanied with a natural substrate, and a quality lighting system, tends to make fish pop. I actually paint the ends of most of my tanks as well, for the same reasons you state in the vid. Fast, easy, effective, aesthetically pleasing to the eye, and cheap.

Aqua Nut

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2016
www.youtube.com
Im just giving ya crap man. It does actually look pretty good. I thought about it for one of my kids tanks. I was going to try to put a color onto the frosted stuff after to see if you could tint the frost
If you look up static cling there are quite a few different options. Some are colorful, some are just cool patterns that might work for you. I am not sure how you would go about tinting it but I am sure you could find something that would work.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store