Salminus Franciscanus (Golden Dorado)

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
According to the chart, my Franciscanus has the right body conformation. So there!
Someone needs to go get some Brasiliensis from Wes so we can compare. They are the goliath of Golden Dorado. The head and gill plate are huge!

View attachment 1285918
speaking of the Goliath golden dorado , heres a video i thought you might like kendragon . maybe you have already seen it ? but its pretty awesome , says its were the biggest golden dorado in the world lurk . brasiliensis im assuming ?

check out 2 min 5 second in video something pretty cool happens. anyway beautiful , awesome fish. both the franciscanus and brasiliensis

hope you like ...

Reactions: cigars and moe214

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Thanks for sharing. Was filmed in Argentina so I'm assuming they are Brassies.

My Five Frankies are Fish From Fugupuff. I don't Feed Fresh Fish Fillets. My Filtration is Fantastic. They Fight and are not Friendly.
I like to use the F word.

Don't make me get Brassies or I will have to use the B word.

Reactions: cigars and moe214

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014

My Five Frankies are Fish From Fugupuff. I don't Feed Fresh Fish Fillets. My Filtration is Fantastic. They Fight and are not Friendly.

Get the brassies, their big heads will hide the weight you put on em

Reactions: cigars

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
speaking of the Goliath golden dorado , heres a video i thought you might like kendragon . maybe you have already seen it ? but its pretty awesome , says its were the biggest golden dorado in the world lurk . brasiliensis im assuming ?

check out 2 min 5 second in video something pretty cool happens. anyway beautiful , awesome fish. both the franciscanus and brasiliensis

hope you like ...

Awesome vid! It’s pretty amazing how gold they really get, razor sharp teeth wrecked the lures

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va

I would love to see how you would use the B word :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store