Terrible tank to clean.

IFLAquatics

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2017
Fish Tank Travis Fish Tank Travis --- Well I scrubbed it with CLR an it came off.... hahaha if that's what you call that process. I let it soak for hours on the glass and when I finally came back it took hours more of scrubbing with a speedy rewards card and a magic eraser. Ffs. It's alright though it came out good. I'm checking the seals now. I rinsed it 4-5 times and I'm filling it and then draining it one more.
----------- S stevec ------
And the two big issues is I'm trying to make it the new home for my Dovii. Plus we plan On having a fish rescue and a bunch of other stuff going later on down the road, I want to build a river in the yard and go get my girlfriend her red tail catfish <3. But anyway, the more tanks the better and if I have a free 55, I can put my 2 Dovii In it hopefully, hopefully he allows her to move In lol. My 10 inch dinosaur eel can go in there too. And that's it. Lol maybe a pleco and I'll leave the softball sized Apple snail. But anyway here's photos.

20180129_075908.jpg 20180129_075913.jpg 15172339851071231529364.jpg

IFLAquatics

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2017
A chemist I used to work with, also worked for CLR, he said its 99% diluted vinegar, and the 1% a smattering of other secret stuff.
You know it really does just smell like vinegar and i looked it up and it's basically synthetic vinegar made with acids and one oxi something in there. I feel like it's one of the safer, non-safe for Fish Tank use chemicals.

IFLAquatics

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2017
Well that's pretty awesome. I didn't know that. Thank you. I like to learn anything I can about everything so that I know things I thought I wouldn't need when I actually end up needing them. Yeah... something like that.

tarheel96

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2015
North Carolina
It doesn't contain any acetic acid (vinegar) but I can believe it smells like it. I believe it contains Lactic Acid, Gluconic Acid, and Lauramine Oxide.

IFLAquatics

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2017
Yeah that's what I read. So it's pretty much like I figured. A manmade acid compound similar to a vinegar because it's not quite as strong in comparison to, say for example, sulfuric acid.

tarheel96

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2015
North Carolina
I don't think there's a problem with it ... especially when vinegar isn't getting the job done. The only potential problem is the lauramine oxide is a surfactant and an antimicrobial. Rinsing the tank like you've done, I don't think that's going to be a problem.

IFLAquatics

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2017
I don't think there's a problem with it ... especially when vinegar isn't getting the job done. The only potential problem is the lauramine oxide is a surfactant and an antimicrobial. Rinsing the tank like you've done, I don't think that's going to be a problem.
It hasn't caused issues so far, I was upgrading the tank size so I basically just did a 25 gallon water change I guess you could say on the 55.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store