New 70gal tank setup...

Tyler_Wentworth_150

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2015
Humboldt county
More than 50% will be needed, two 50% changes a week would be more in line
I agree with convict with the variable.mentioned above by Montel. I've maintained perfect water parameters with over filtration even on over stocked tanks. IE, 75 gallon tank with a fluVal fx5 rated to 928gph (~700gph with my custom plumbing and media) by the factory and a aquaclear 75.

DBLN8

Dovii
MFK Member
It's not only about "over filtration" at some stage here soon these fish are going mature and start either beating on each other or beating on their tank mate's if he's lucky/unlucky enough for them to pair up.
Even if he is "over filtered" in a 75 gl tank with 2 Oscar's he's going to be doing twice weekly WC of 75% nitrates will be thru the roof after a week.
In order for Oscar's to really thrive they need nitrates to be as low as possible, when nitrates get to 20 it's time to change a lot more than 15 gals of water.

Reactions: Tyler_Wentworth_150

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
You should have spent that money on a tank for the Oscars.
Basically your gonna be in an even worse position, why share a 75g tank on here containing a load of future monster cichlids?
You've already said you can afford it upgrade.

Hang on I'm just gonna share my horse that lives in my garage....

kljovax

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2014
Serbia
You should have spent that money on a tank for the Oscars.
Basically your gonna be in an even worse position, why share a 75g tank on here containing a load of future monster cichlids?
You've already said you can afford it upgrade.

Hang on I'm just gonna share my horse that lives in my garage....
I found new home for Oscars...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store