Silver Arowana staying on the bottom of the tank

hanyeezy13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
Philippines
Hi Guys!

Just got my Arowana 3 days ago. He’s about 8 inches long and is with my 10 inch bichir in a 100 gallon tank. The forst 2 days I got him he was swimming at the top part of the water amd would occasionally swimm at the bottom part if something spooks him out. Today I found him resting on the bottom of the tank, i just want to know if it’s notmal behavior or is he starting to think that he’s a Bichir attached photo is as he’s about to swim up, did not cath him on full rest mode

4BDD6569-7511-436E-BD77-88FC495F8989.jpeg

SmokeyDaScarecrow

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2018
Australia
Not 100% but just observe him make sure he is ok.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
What are your water parameters? Personally would worry about the Aro being on the bottom like that with a Endli especially when lights are off. Keep Endlicheri well fed.
Welcome aboard

hanyeezy13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
Philippines
What are your water parameters? Personally would worry about the Aro being on the bottom like that with a Endli especially when lights are off. Keep Endlicheri well fed.
Welcome aboard
Thanks! Yeah that’s what I’m worried about, considering putting him on a separate tank or putting a divider until he gains a couple of more inches. He was ok the first 2 days I got him, started acted this way since it started raining. Tank is indoor though, i think it’s the sound of the thunder that’s spooking him out.

Reactions: tlindsey

hanyeezy13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
Philippines
Hi guys!

Problem solved, talked to the guy who sold me my tank. He used to keep his silver Arowana in there and suggested to cover to bottom part of the tank since it’s clear..on top of that I made a newbie mistake of putting my flowerhorn tank directly below it, that’s why my Arowana is stressed. Got some brown paper and covered it, voila! My Silver Arowana is happily swiming on the top part of the tank again..Thanks for the input guys, a newbie like me appreciates it. Finally I can sleep peacefully at night :)

Reactions: MariaS and tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store