Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
You do know that there are significant populations of non muslims in the middle east right? I am not sure what you mean by hatred of their own people. You seem to have based your opinion of a wide variety of cultures and populations on one trip. Your idea of being "selective" with immigrants sounds like you want to restrict immigrants/potential ones because of their country. We already vet our immigrants very well; this is also treating a population unfairly because of where they originate from. I find it stupid you are proud of a irrational fear/dislike of middle eastern people.

Because people aren't gullible. You must PHYSICALLY be in the US to apply for asylum; leading to people leaving for there legally or illegally since it doesn't matter how you are there.
One trip you say? Your making an assumption about me. It's a fear not a hate unless I misunderstood the meaning of the word. Its a fear because I've been in the mix over there and I would hate to see this country become infected with a tribal mentality. It will rip us apart. This group here with they're own cultural laws another group in another area with the same deal. I'm all for becoming Americans the RIGHT way, but I have a real problem with turning America into a hell hole for the sake of the "dems" twisted view of globalism....and yes i want to restrict immigrants from areas that pose a high terrorist risk. Our borders have been a joke and we've already paid a high price.

That last part doesn't make any sense.

I'll tell you what We'll take a person from say Iraq or juarez. We won't check them out and they can come live with you. 50/50 is good odds right?

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
Again, they are NOT filing for asylum. There are 5 specific grounds, you must prove you're being persecuted in at least 1 of the 5. Where are Mexican illegals being persecuted?
Very few are coming from Mexico. They are mainly coming from central America.

One trip you say? Your making an assumption about me. It's a fear not a hate unless I misunderstood the meaning of the word. Its a fear because I've been in the mix over there and I would hate to see this country become infected with a tribal mentality. It will rip us apart. This group here with they're own cultural laws another group in another area with the same deal. I'm all for becoming Americans the RIGHT way, but I have a real problem with turning America into a hell hole for the sake of the "dems" twisted view of globalism....and yes i want to restrict immigrants from areas that pose a high terrorist risk. Our borders have been a joke and we've already paid a high price.

I'll tell you what We'll take a person from say Iraq or juarez. We won't check them out and they can come live with you. 50/50 is good odds right?
Good thing we have extreme vetting already.
"The U.S. visa vetting system is one of the world’s toughest. Applicants’ biographic data, photographs, and fingerprints are collected and screened against a range of national security databases that contain millions of entries and include classified information from federal, state, local, and foreign governments. Applicants must provide voluminous documentation to verify their identities and backgrounds. Immigrant visa applicants – those applying to stay permanently in the U.S. – are generally subject to more scrutiny than temporary visa applicants, including a medical examination and other screenings."

Your analogy isn't very good. We already check the background of potential immigrants very throughly and a house doesn't equal a country.

*ROCK*

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2018
Very few are coming from Mexico. They are mainly coming from central America.

Your analogy isn't very good. We already check the background of potential immigrants very throughly and a house doesn't equal a country.
HA! Believe it or not, the Mexicans are great at enforcing THEIR immigration laws. Even so, where's the persecution?

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
We already check the background of potential immigrants very throughly
only applies to those coming here legally
Hello Imabot; In place of saying something crude and insulting such as some of your statements are stupid, let me try tp point out how they are wrong.
First is that when a person sneaks in they are not vetted at all.

a house doesn't equal a country
Hello; The interesting part of your argument being that you are not willing to consider the experience of a person with actual experience with the actual society in question. I can not look into the mind nor the heart of an individual any more than you can but the general social norms of a place can be known.
I also seem to recall from news stories about USA areas with high densities of mid east immigrants that they do indeed try to get the laws changed to reflect their favored social belief systems. That is not assimilation into our society the way I understand assimilation.

Reactions: PYRU

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
. Your idea of being "selective" with immigrants sounds like you want to restrict immigrants/potential ones because of their country. We already vet our immigrants very well; this is also treating a population unfairly because of where they originate from. I find it stupid you are proud of a irrational fear/dislike of middle eastern people.

You are aware that it is in the Presidents powered to handle immigration how ever he sees fit. AND it's his JOB to be selective and NOT allow people in that are from certain countries. Being a citizen isn't a right it's a privilege.

All of this asylum talk doesn't make sense either. In fact anyone needing asylum from the mid East should NOT be allowed to get in. We should (not must)help them but we can easily set up refugee camps in nuetral areas. In the past 50yrs we have not gotten anything right in that region now we are going to pretend that we know who the good guys are and let them take over a place like minnesota...and what happens if we get it wrong ?

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Here's some more food for thought. There were armed security guarding cash crops over there (opium). That was oh roughly 6yrs ago. You know what drug is exploding in the US these days?

They say majority is coming from south america and synthetic is coming in huge amounts from China. Considering the black market dealings of Mrs C I wonder if that guarded crop made its way over here.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I also seem to recall from news stories about USA areas with high densities of mid east immigrants that they do indeed try to get the laws changed to reflect their favored social belief systems. That is not assimilation into our society the way I understand assimilation.
This is such a huge threat its unreal. It's happened overseas and look how thats turned out so far?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store