Parachromis Motaguense "Rio Blanco"

mfkRuss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2011
east bay
ack, never had any luck finding rtms available.. just lost my 9" male rtm along with a breeding pair of dempsies cause my heater sensor was not put back in and I cooked them. one fish made it. Im in tears now and have that sensor zip tied in. But best thing is to start over and does any one have any rtms out there? Im in bay area...thanks

MzY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2018
RTMs are hands down the best parachromis :)
Hands down i got this fish he is 5-6 inches crazy!!!!!! He is cleaning my tank!!!!! My flower horn is swimming side ways red devil hiding!! Convict changed color 2 african cichlid is in his stomich other then one more fish!!!! This fish is different level!!!! Not to include he ate my 3-4inches jack dempsey

01A28BC7-C083-448D-AE17-55CA33691168.jpeg

MzY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2018
RTMs are hands down the best parachromis :)
Hands down i got this fish he is 5-6 inches crazy!!!!!! He is cleaning my tank!!!!! My flower horn is swimming side ways red devil hiding!! Convict changed color 2 african cichlid is in his stomich other then one more fish!!!! This fish is different level!!!! Not to include he ate my 3-4inches jack dempsey

Toiletcar

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA

View attachment 1324306
Why did you let this happen? Sounds like you want the RTM to kill everything. RTMs should be kept alone unless you have 300+ gallons and that won’t even guarantee no aggression.
Also is that beefhart? I would avoid feeding any cichlid that.

MzY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2018
Why did you let this happen? Sounds like you want the RTM to kill everything. RTMs should be kept alone unless you have 300+ gallons and that won’t even guarantee no aggression.
Also is that beefhart? I would avoid feeding any cichlid that.
My tank is 90 gallon, and where i brought it said he should be fine with the rest, also about beef heart thats what petsmart reccomand it, i am in this hobby for 6 months not even

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
My tank is 90 gallon, and where i brought it said he should be fine with the rest, also about beef heart thats what petsmart reccomand it, i am in this hobby for 6 months not even
A 4 foot tank is not going to be enough room for any parachromis to have tankmates.

MzY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2018
I have 20g i will move red devil convict cichlid and other few there

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
I have 20g i will move red devil convict cichlid and other few there
Sounds like letting the mota kill them off may be a more humane death then stuffing them all into a 20 gal..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store