Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
Is it legal in some states to catch wild fish and keep them as pets?
Some states means at least two, so yes, if you're asking if at least 2 out of 50 states allow this under certain conditions, the answer is probably yes. Those conditions may depend on:

1) the state
2) if you have the proper permit or licence
3) the type of fish
4) it's in season
5) if it's the right size and right sex
6) exactly where it's caught
7) exactly how it's caught

Any one of the above could make it illegal simply to catch the fish. Several of the above can make it illegal to keep the fish.

Keeping the fish you caught as a pet would almost always be illegal if it's illegal to possess the fish, e.g., since keeping certain fish (like piranha, snakeheads, etc.) is illegal in many states, you can't catch one and keep it.

Rather than digress on the issue of "wild" versus "domesticated" versus "feral" fish, I'd simply say that the laws describe the species, not the origins in this matter. A prohibited species doesn't become unprohibited to catch and keep because it's wild, domesticated or feral.

Reactions: J. H.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
In NY, if it's not a game fish, and not a banned fish, there are no rules. If it is, the paperwork could make a lawyer crosseyed.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
hello; An actor is pretending to be the character played so why not be afraid?
Becouse its Liam, thats like telling me John Wayan was a wimp.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
Thanks, :eek:

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
spelled last name wrong but no matter, the duke.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Becouse its Liam, thats like telling me John Wayan was a wimp.
Hello; I do not know if he is brave like the characters he often plays. Could be I suppose. He may do all the dangerous stunts himself and such. Then again maybe not. When ever I start to build up some actor as being like his/her common characters there often comes along a film where they play some sort of loser. Sorry to turn this into a downer.

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
Wayne was pretty racist.
"With a lot of blacks, there’s quite a bit of resentment along with their dissent, and possibly rightfully so. But we can’t all of a sudden get down on our knees and turn everything over to the leadership of the blacks. I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don’t believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people."

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store