Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2018
Reactions: tlindsey

LimaShovelnoseSaltwater92

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2018
Yes, my water is pristine as can be, ammonia/etc. checks every few days and lots of filtration (not over filtering, don’t worry), and circulation. Thank you about the suggestion with the gloves. I may move the needles to another tank: 75 gal... But they are a pretty good size in comparison to the cat, I know they grow rapidly (cat) but I think they should be fine until I can make a decision. Thank you very much!!

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2018
Guys, I REALLY need help. My E-cat has been doing fine ever since I got him. He has not been messed with by either gar or shovelnose, and he has not attacked them either. He was very active for the first two days, eating well, great water quality, no observable ick or parasites. Until today, where my friend observed him “stuck” to my intake for my canister filter for about 45 seconds. When I walked in after he called, he swam away like normal, no problems. Now, he is laying at the bottom of the aquarium, on his side, and looking very helpless and on the verge of death. No ammonia swings or anything to trigger this. I immediately treated the water with an anti parasite/ick medicine that has no copper or harmful for catfish ingredients. Could it be the swim bladder? What should I do? He was great the other day and perfect with the needles and shovelnose and I was planning to move the needles over time once he got a little bigger. I would hate to lose him. Please help?!?!?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Guys, I REALLY need help. My E-cat has been doing fine ever since I got him. He has not been messed with by either gar or shovelnose, and he has not attacked them either. He was very active for the first two days, eating well, great water quality, no observable ick or parasites. Until today, where my friend observed him “stuck” to my intake for my canister filter for about 45 seconds. When I walked in after he called, he swam away like normal, no problems. Now, he is laying at the bottom of the aquarium, on his side, and looking very helpless and on the verge of death. No ammonia swings or anything to trigger this. I immediately treated the water with an anti parasite/ick medicine that has no copper or harmful for catfish ingredients. Could it be the swim bladder? What should I do? He was great the other day and perfect with the needles and shovelnose and I was planning to move the needles over time once he got a little bigger. I would hate to lose him. Please help?!?!?

Possibly was stressed from being stuck to the intake. Personally would have not added medication.

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2018
Update: he has passed. I believe there must have been a problem with him at the store, or maybe I did something wrong but I have realized it yet. I am very sad that this happened as he was becoming my favorite fish already. As for the medicine, I will be doing a good sized water change and burying him tomorrow. He has been removed from the aquarium, as I sat for five minutes watching him, before the medicine was even fully dissolved (they were dissolving capsules) he did not move an inch, no gill movement whatsoever. When I was positive he had passed, I took my net to scoop him out but realized he was stiff and it seemed he had been dead for a long time. Thank you for your help.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Update: he has passed. I believe there must have been a problem with him at the store, or maybe I did something wrong but I have realized it yet. I am very sad that this happened as he was becoming my favorite fish already. As for the medicine, I will be doing a good sized water change and burying him tomorrow. He has been removed from the aquarium, as I sat for five minutes watching him, before the medicine was even fully dissolved (they were dissolving capsules) he did not move an inch, no gill movement whatsoever. When I was positive he had passed, I took my net to scoop him out but realized he was stiff and it seemed he had been dead for a long time. Thank you for your help.

Sorry for your loss

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store