Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
redzone for this year of football. i love it but its exhausting
Hello; I was thinking about the exhausting part.

Boo pops Boo...
Hello; I guess the boo is about him still watching NFL. Unless you say otherwise I am going to figure this is sort of light hearted and you do not dislike pops for it. I have quit so far and have been watching college FB. My brother is still watching.
Had a friend some years ago who quit major league baseball after a player strike. Baseball went on and on.

I think you meant, pops, you've sold out your country, are you now researching others? Lol
Hello; Interesting. I did not realize such an interpretation could be derived from what I posted. Don't think I meant that but also can sort of follow you. Pretty sneaky of me but by accident.

Hello; I guess I had hoped enough would boycott NFL for a short while so they would come to their senses. The viewership is down so far but maybe not enough. I miss it and had been watching since the 50's or early 60's. Respect for the flag ceremony is more important to me than NFL ball.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Hello; I was thinking about the exhausting part.

Hello; I guess the boo is about him still watching NFL. Unless you say otherwise I am going to figure this is sort of light hearted and you do not dislike pops for it. I have quit so far and have been watching college FB. My brother is still watching.
Had a friend some years ago who quit major league baseball after a player strike. Baseball went on and on.

Hello; Interesting. I did not realize such an interpretation could be derived from what I posted. Don't think I meant that but also can sort of follow you. Pretty sneaky of me but by accident.

Hello; I guess I had hoped enough would boycott NFL for a short while so they would come to their senses. The viewership is down so far but maybe not enough. I miss it and had been watching since the 50's or early 60's. Respect for the flag ceremony is more important to me than NFL ball.
Lol, you got me sk. I give pops a hard time about that. I feel strongly about it. I know you do also. One of the reasons being, as you said, it really just comes down to not watching a game. A game, in the context of respect for your country? That's all we should say on the subject here.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Lol, you got me sk. I give pops a hard time about that. I feel strongly about it. I know you do also. One of the reasons being, as you said, it really just comes down to not watching a game. A game, in the context of respect for your country? That's all we should say on the subject here.
Hello; Yes I understand.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Hello; I recall where I was that September 11 morning. I was teaching a class at Alice Lloyd College in Pipa Passes KY. A beautiful bluebird sky day.
I was taking my mother to a doctor's appointment. When on the radio they said a plane crashed into the tower. Due to traffic(still in the car) they said later another one crashed. My mother said it's terrorist. While waiting in the doctor's lobby. I saw the first tower collapse.

I was nervous going to a job fair later that day.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I was especially nervous and concerned for my aunt who was in New York for work on that day.Fortunately I later found out that she safe and wasn't in that area at the time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store