More tank pics, updated

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
He is laying that Marimo ball to waste. Let's me know to watch out for that the with my cichlids, and possibly my Dragons when my Marimo balls come in. I won't have to worry about it too much with my other tanks--maybe the loaches. What the hey--it's their toys

You might try chopped up chickweed, dandelion leaves, brocolli, or carrot tops to make the Marimo balls last longer. I found my cichlids like fresh greens as an occasional treat.
I'll try some different veggies and see. None of my Parrots like peas. I might just tear the ragged part off of the marimo and roll that into mini balls. Oddly enough Kong doesn't tear at the smaller marimo, he just rolls them around.

Two more pics of Boss aka "Sumo".

First pic he's flaring, showing his cheeks

Then a full side shot. He's hard to catch from the side because he likes everything in front of him. Gotta love that perfect ball shape.

Boss Flaring.jpg

Boss Sumo.jpg

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
Yep, Very Cute, he looks all innocent. Great color contrasts. They jump out at you, like View Master Reels, or a really good 3D movie.

Did Hikari get back to you with their next communication?

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Yep, Very Cute, he looks all innocent. Great color contrasts. They jump out at you, like View Master Reels, or a really good 3D movie.

Did Hikari get back to you with their next communication?
When Boss colors up he practically glows orange like a street cone! Of all my parrots he has the true 'blood' color. If I put the magenta led light on he's so bright it's almost a haze around him.

Haven't heard any more from Hikari, which is odd.

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Calling Boss stocky is an understatement...his measurements are 5" L x 3 3/4" H x 2 1/2" W. The camera flattens out images at angles so its hard to see his complete roundness, lol. It's like someone painted a baseball orange and stuck fins on it!

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
When Boss colors up he practically glows orange like a street cone! Of all my parrots he has the true 'blood' color. If I put the magenta led light on he's so bright it's almost a haze around him.

Haven't heard any more from Hikari, which is odd.
Sometimes it takes them a few business days to get back with you. It took them about 3 business days to get back to me. Phone communication is more immediate, but if they have a lot to say it is good to have a record to refer back to.

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
Calling Boss stocky is an understatement...his measurements are 5" L x 3 3/4" H x 2 1/2" W. The camera flattens out images at angles so its hard to see his complete roundness, lol. It's like someone painted a baseball orange and stuck fins on it!
Who called him Stocky? Put 'em up, put 'em up!! He's ....um... uh... Big and Tall. Yeah, yeah. LOL.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store