More tank pics, updated

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
And one of the funniest fight scenes evah. Brick wandered over to Boss' turf and decided to start a fight by crowding Boss into his pot. Boss didn't like it and turned the tables. Pass the beer and chips, it's Saturday night!

So Brick engages the sumo parrot and they lip lock...

ding ding 1 copy.jpg

ding ding 2 copy.jpg

ding ding 3 copy.jpg

ding ding 4 copy.jpg

ding ding 5 copy.jpg

ding ding 6 copy.jpg

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
This fight is going nowhere fast...Nothing is working for Brick. Notice something wrong with these pictures?

ding ding 7 copy.jpg

ding ding 8 copy.jpg

ding ding 9 copy.jpg

ding ding 10 copy.jpg

ding ding 11 copy.jpg

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
A cameo of Kong showing his thickness...he is a massive parrot. His war with the large marimo ball is over, I had to remove it. He ripped it to the point where it was holding excess poop like a bird nest and clouding the water. He's fine with the small balls and likes pushing them around so I left those in there.

hulking kong copy.jpg

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
The Queen is officially back from her rounds of ich. Back to showing off and doing fan dances. She's eating like a champ and has colored up. The switch to the darker mix of sand colors (Baja Blue, Carribean Blue) was a good choice...the apple green was too bright and she rarely swam the bottom. Now she hangs out all over the tank and spends considerable time in her canister. The 11" opening gives her room to stretch out and move. The marimos that were in her tank I disposed of because of the ich and they also were stained with residual medicine and didn't look all that great.

Back on Track copy.jpg

cleanup copy.jpg

p2 copy.jpg

p3 copy.jpg

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Notice her eyes are in different directions here. She does this a lot when watching everything. One eye will be on you and the other her tank.

Patch winking copy.jpg

Reactions: Fishflyer

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Her top fin is amazingly long but she rarely extends it, so I try to get shots of that when I can. You can see it highlighted here with the orange streak. If I can grab a side shot later of it I will post. It's literally 2/3 the length of her body.

Rex (Synodontis Ocellifer Catfish) and Chip (Green Severum) will be going into the main tank at the end of March. They are doing very well in quarantine and have thickened up since purchase.

I did some research on the maximum size for the Ocellifer...it seems as though it generally tops out at 8"-10" BUT can get to 19" in the wild. Apparently environment greatly influences their maximum size. So its not impossible to get a large end one in an aquarium the right size.

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
And finally, Boss is checking out the borders of his turf...he likes this spot to watch whatever goes on outside the fish room.

Turf edge copy.jpg

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Patch decides to do a little maintenance on her 'house' here. She often smooths down the sand substrate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store