Lutino oscar

pennyg

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2019
Central Ohio
okay, so something new today is my white and orange oscar is starting to get black or dark coloration on fins. First I freaked then I googled... I am guessing that Hi'iaka is a lutino oscar, not an albino. I honestly don't remember reading the species tag at lfs when I bought my oscars... it may have been on the tank. 1365794

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
It's a common thing fish stores do. They call all white Oscar's as albino. Tho most are actually Lutino. Real albino will have pink eyes and only pink marking (the typical orange Oscar markings does not count)
Great looking baby O keep us updated on it's progress.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
great looking little guy, and yup its a lutino. they great Oscars, I would rather have a lutino than an albino as the albino tend to have health issues and bad eye site.

vid of homer, he/she is a lutino and beautiful Oscar. And as hardy as any Oscar.

pennyg

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2019
Central Ohio
I am definitely not disappointed in any way with my little lutino. both of my oscars are such hams and beg for food every time anyone is in the office lol

DawnMichele

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2010
Florida
great looking little guy, and yup its a lutino. they great Oscars, I would rather have a lutino than an albino as the albino tend to have health issues and bad eye site.

vid of homer, he/she is a lutino and beautiful Oscar. And as hardy as any Oscar.

Gorgeous!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store