Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh

It’s hard to see from the pic but his tail has red, yellow, and orange stripes. The colour is becoming more defined as he is eating mostly nls pellets now, as a posed to tetra cichlid pellets, that the store I picked him up at were feeding. I have a feeling he may be stunted, but I’m happy to have him. He thinks hes a tinfoil barb, part of the pack lol.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Yours looks nice and healthy, good colour to it. Also slightly more rounded, my unprofessional guess would be a female. Supposedly males are longer and more slender and females are more rounded.

I looked for any resources I could to find out about them when I first started to get into them but not sure how reliable most of it is. I still have no idea what max size is.

Make sure you have a secure lid, they spook super easy and are jumpers. One thing I read as they will swim up stream and jump up rapids while in spawning season similar to salmon. I found this to be true when I tried to unbox this guy and it jumped from the box 2-3’ out. Scared the daylights out of me.

Reactions: islandguy11
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store