Tattooed parrots....cruel?

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Yeah, awful in my opinion. Back in the day before "glofish", painted fish were all the rage. Tattooed fish as well. I remember hearing that something like 8/10 fish that went into the process didn't make it, but the upcharge on the successful painted and tatted fish made it worth it for the suppliers. The painted ones, they would either inject dyes, or dip in something to remove the slime coat and then soak in concentrated dye, from what I understand. The tattooed ones, I believe they use normal human tattoo-guns. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about the process, this is what I learned about it from word of mouth years ago.

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
Yeah, awful in my opinion. Back in the day before "glofish", painted fish were all the rage. Tattooed fish as well. I remember hearing that something like 8/10 fish that went into the process didn't make it, but the upcharge on the successful painted and tatted fish made it worth it for the suppliers. The painted ones, they would either inject dyes, or dip in something to remove the slime coat and then soak in concentrated dye, from what I understand. The tattooed ones, I believe they use normal human tattoo-guns. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about the process, this is what I learned about it from word of mouth years ago.
I think that's terrible... it doesnt even look nice imo

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
I hate this stuff. I really don't like the idea of parrots either. Nor fan tailed oscars. Let the fish be what they are. Reminds me of The Island Of Dr. Moreau.

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
I hate this stuff. I really don't like the idea of parrots either. Nor fan tailed oscars. Let the fish be what they are. Reminds me of The Island Of Dr. Moreau.
Haha good movie! I love my flowerhorns! So I cant say anything about hybrids... I just like parrots lol but would never buy a tattooed fish... Terrible

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Haha good movie! I love my flowerhorns! So I cant say anything about hybrids... I just like parrots lol but would never buy a tattooed fish... Terrible
Yeah, I was just thinking I'll watch it tonight on Prime. With the parrots its just sort of this midget look I can't take.... To me flowerhorns are just pretty red devils so for some reason I don't mind so much. Sorta like a discus on steroids.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Since BPs are already mutants, that have been line bred to produce those "cute" yet distorted mutant features, organs, and bodies in the first place, I find it difficult to get upset about idea of tattooing, when just the initial mutant production of them, I find aberrant.

Reactions: LBDave

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
Since BPs are already mutants, that have been line bred to produce those "cute" yet distorted mutant features, organs, and bodies in the first place, I find it difficult to get upset about idea of tattooing, when just the initial mutant production of them, I find aberrant.
There still alive tho... I dont think (correct me if I'm wrong) that fish have pain sensors like we do but they are still alive animals

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store