Tattooed parrots....cruel?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
The tattooed ones, I believe they use normal human tattoo-guns. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about the process, this is what I learned about it from word of mouth years ago.
I’ve seen videos in the past from LFS owners when they went to China to purchase fish and saw the process first hand... And yes, they do use human style tattoo guns to create the designs....

You are also right that a lot of the stock dont make it, but more realistically around 50% - 60% dont make it...

Reactions: Gourami Swami

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Came across these tattooed parrots at my lfs... not a parrot fan anyways but I've heard of .y lfs selling tattooed fish before... isnt this kind of cruel? I dont even get it tbh... hybrids are one thing but tattooing?

View attachment 1366808
Wtf. Is this at golds? They always seem to have messed up things that make me really cranky. I typically don’t say too much because they are the only store around that get monsters in on a regular basis.

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
Wtf. Is this at golds? They always seem to have messed up things that make me really cranky. I typically don’t say too much because they are the only store around that get monsters in on a regular basis.
Yes Matt it's at golds... I love the store... love the owners... love there rare and odd selection... dislike the stuff like this lol... I asked him about it.. he mumbled something under his breathe and walked away haha

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Lol. Truth be told, they probably got them in as a surrender and they possibly have a similar viewpoint as most of us.

Roughly half of my fish are from that store so I understand what you mean. I just get a little cranky when lfs insist that fish only grow to their environment. I don’t know why that gets so deep under my skin. It’s hard to respect when someone insists on this opinion.

IMHO.

Reactions: Nilsafeller

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
Lol. Truth be told, they probably got them in as a surrender and they possibly have a similar viewpoint as most of us.

Roughly half of my fish are from that store so I understand what you mean. I just get a little cranky when lfs insist that fish only grow to their environment. I don’t know why that gets so deep under my skin. It’s hard to respect when someone insists on this opinion.

IMHO.
No not surrenders... if it was surrender there wouldnt be 20 of em in the tank.. my pic is only of a few but there were about 20 in there

• Angry
Reactions: Matteus

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
This practice is something that dosen't really belong in the hobby. It's bad enough that parrots are a mutant anyway, now they're mutating them even more. If the anti keeping fish brigade got wind of this it'd fuel their fire even more. But if there's a demand for this sort of thing then there will always be someone willing to supply.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Since BPs are already mutants, that have been line bred to produce those "cute" yet distorted mutant features, organs, and bodies in the first place, I find it difficult to get upset about idea of tattooing, when just the initial mutant production of them, I find aberrant.
I hate BP's. And I agree.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store