Cabelas/Bass Pro Giant Tank

KelberiFishLover19

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2018
Whaaat. That is the coolest story ever, that would be my dream come true.

There is a bps near me and they have lots of trout, want to say some sturgeon but it’s been a few years since I have been there.
Yea, and the guy told me he worked out of his house and that he started advertising but got so busy he had to stop advertising! Crazy.

Reactions: Matteus

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Did they have some sort of water change or drip system on the system?

Reason I ask is because most of the tanks I’ve seen at the Cabelas and BPS around here in Dayton, OH have very unhealthy fish. Lots of popeye, drop eye, and other problems. Also, usually a lot of poor coloration.

KelberiFishLover19

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2018
Did they have some sort of water change or drip system on the system?

Reason I ask is because most of the tanks I’ve seen at the Cabelas and BPS around here in Dayton, OH have very unhealthy fish. Lots of popeye, drop eye, and other problems. Also, usually a lot of poor coloration.
Interesting. I never even thought about water changes. I don’t think they do any. I think they just clean off the glass and sometimes do a gravel vac kinda thing. The fish seemed fine like no drop eye etc. I think some are wild caught so are used to crappy water.

Supergeorge123

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2018
Sounds like you had a good time on the guided behind the scenes tour.I'm not sure where you are but there is a Cabellas here in Pennsylvania that I visited a few years ago and their big tank was stocked with about a hundred young pike or muskies.
The one outside reading is the biggest in the world and most of their fish look like crap from injuries, infections, tumours and such. Last time i was there they had a pair of clown knives.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Interesting. I never even thought about water changes. I don’t think they do any. I think they just clean off the glass and sometimes do a gravel vac kinda thing. The fish seemed fine like no drop eye etc. I think some are wild caught so are used to crappy water.
This doesn’t surprise based on the fish I’ve seen. The tanks are plenty big enough that the fish in them can be healthy, if the water quality is good. Unfortunately, the best filtration in the world isn’t a substitute for water changes. I’ve seen some that look to have healthy fish a long time ago, but around here, they all look quite unhealthy now and I feel bad for the fish.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
The bass pro in ashland,va has a huge freshwater tank with natives. Last i was there i saw a blue cat that had to be close to 100 lbs. Biggest ive ever seen.

gorgeous saltwater tank in the restaurant area too. I think it was just artificial reef though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store