2Pac?... or Too PACKed?!!

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
Siiiiick Monster Fish cohabitants!!... That bullshark is mad crazy!! Quite a risk keeping with other fish! I remember seeing bullsharks available back in the day, around $3K price range. Definitely a sight to see!!

Thank you for posting.

Reactions: Matteus and Iamfish

Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
Siiiiick Monster Fish cohabitants!!... That bullshark is mad crazy!! Quite a risk keeping with other fish! I remember seeing bullsharks available back in the day, around $3K price range. Definitely a sight to see!!

Thank you for posting.
Np, gotta keep the best thread on mfk alive :)
We need vincentwugwg vincentwugwg to post some of his tanks here to really complete the thread.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Ive heard about the high cost of bichirs in Aus. Do shipping costs drive the price up ?
I'm really not sure why they cost so much, they are actually quite rare to see for sale in any LFS so it might just be a supply and demand thing.
I saw one yesterday in a cool shop I visit occasionally , really pale, 10cm long and skinny as a pencil on special at $280AUD marked down from $320AUD. It was the only one in them shop. Anothe shop has 2 as big as a mans little finger at $250 each or $480 for both.
With theses prices its no wonder there I not much of a poly scene here which is a bit of a shame. To put it in perspective our weekly grocery bill for a family of 3 is usually around $200 with all meat, veg , treats and toiletries and cleaning products.

• Wow
Reactions: Matteus

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I'm really not sure why they cost so much, they are actually quite rare to see for sale in any LFS so it might just be a supply and demand thing.
I saw one yesterday in a cool shop I visit occasionally , really pale, 10cm long and skinny as a pencil on special at $280AUD marked down from $320AUD. It was the only one in them shop. Anothe shop has 2 as big as a mans little finger at $250 each or $480 for both.
With theses prices its no wonder there I not much of a poly scene here which is a bit of a shame. To put it in perspective our weekly grocery bill for a family of 3 is usually around $200 with all meat, veg , treats and toiletries and cleaning products.
I wonder how it would work if someone in the states ordered the fish for you from our regular source. He does ship globally. I could reach out to him if you'd like

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
I wonder how it would work if someone in the states ordered the fish for you from our regular source. He does ship globally. I could reach out to him if you'd like
Man, thanks for the offer but with our quarantine laws it would be more hassle than you can imagine to do it privately. I think I wold have to get them shipped to a registered quarantine facility and pay them rent for a few months until they were cleared.
When I finally get my tank set up again I would actually consider keeping them if I could afford it when the time comes, you guys have had a bit of influence on me! I've set up a beta tank for my wife and a gold fishtank for my daughter but it's not scratching the itch for me anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: Matteus

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Man, thanks for the offer but with our quarantine laws it would be more hassle than you can imagine to do it privately. I think I wold have to get them shipped to a registered quarantine facility and pay them rent for a few months until they were cleared.
When I finally get my tank set up again I would actually consider keeping them if I could afford it when the time comes, you guys have had a bit of influence on me! I've set up a beta tank for my wife and a gold fishtank for my daughter but it's not scratching the itch for me anymore.
Wow. I wasnt aware of the quarantine laws. That does seem like it would be expensive. Offer stands if you ever want to explore it though.

I always wanted to visit Australia. I have cousins in your country. I havent seen them since i was a kid and they were a bit older than me. But i remember thinking they were the coolest people i ever met lol

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
How about these bichir tanks
Tank 1 has red aro, 31 inch endli, and plat pbb
Tank 2 has gold aro, true spotted gar, tigerfis, peacocks, juruense, and dats to go along with some stunning looking bichirs
These are the kind of tanks I dream about.
View attachment 1373478View attachment 1373479View attachment 1373480View attachment 1373481View attachment 1373482View attachment 1373483View attachment 1373484View attachment 1373485View attachment 1373486View attachment 1373487View attachment 1373488
Actually both tanks have Red aros.

Reactions: Iamfish

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Wow. I wasnt aware of the quarantine laws. That does seem like it would be expensive. Offer stands if you ever want to explore it though.

I always wanted to visit Australia. I have cousins in your country. I havent seen them since i was a kid and they were a bit older than me. But i remember thinking they were the coolest people i ever met lol
Maybe I should look into it, might be a profitable sideline to import polys and sell them at standard aussie prices?

Maybe once you've moved house and things have settled you should reward yourself with a trip down here, the USD is doing well against our $ so once you've landed it would actually be relatively cheap holiday, the flights are costly though. The main problem is the distance from here to anywhere else, I'm getting a travel bug lately but the thought of a long haul flight with kids is scary.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store