Saw this bad boy(?) at a store today

Hexbug101

Feeder Fish
Jul 27, 2019
While I was going to drop of my parrots to a pet store that has a boarding service I saw this. I was absolutely shocked when I saw it, I really couldn’t believe I saw an ARAPAIMA for sale. Actually this was what helped me find this site since I didn’t even know it was legal to keep one in New York. While I don’t have a tank anywhere near large enough to keep one myself, thought this sighting would be appreciated here. If anyone actually has a tank/indoor pond large enough and is interested in taking that thing home, the pet store is called parrots of the world and it’s located in Rockville Center, New York.

AF3B1902-4F08-4EA2-8540-D804A8BF13A4.jpeg

Reactions: Dloks and tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
While I was going to drop of my parrots to a pet store that has a boarding service I saw this. I was absolutely shocked when I saw it, I really couldn’t believe I saw an ARAPAIMA for sale. Actually this was what helped me find this site since I didn’t even know it was legal to keep one in New York. While I don’t have a tank anywhere near large enough to keep one myself, thought this sighting would be appreciated here. If anyone actually has a tank/indoor pond large enough and is interested in taking that thing home, the pet store is called parrots of the world and it’s located in Rockville Center, New York.

View attachment 1381542
Welcome aboard

Yes there are a few that can properly care for adult Arapaima and have a massive aquarium or pond to keep one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store