Arowana finnage will grow back???

FishLover1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2019
Hello guys, anyone encountered this problem? My arowana was fighting, and 1 of my arowana finnage broken, any change to be grow back as normal??

Currently I using API melafix medication. And had removed my actived carbo..

IMG_20191007_120401.jpg

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
It will more than likely heal a good amount if you keep the water as clean as possible and continue to use meds or salt. Unfortunately, it's almost certain with that deep of a wound it'll never fully regrow perfectly and there will be imperfections in the fin.

FishLover1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2019
It will more than likely heal a good amount if you keep the water as clean as possible and continue to use meds or salt. Unfortunately, it's almost certain with that deep of a wound it'll never fully regrow perfectly and there will be imperfections in the fin.

Thanks.. Right now I just put API melafix. So after 7days I need to do a watch change 25%. And if need to carry on with the medication then have to use again. This is the instruction from the bottle of API melafix info..

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
Thanks.. Right now I just put API melafix. So after 7days I need to do a watch change 25%. And if need to carry on with the medication then have to use again. This is the instruction from the bottle of API melafix info..
I would do a 25% water change every other day if you really want the fin to grow back as good as it can. Do the water change right before you put in more medication. Maybe bump the aquarium temp up 1 or 2 degrees as well.

FishLover1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2019
I would do a 25% water change every other day if you really want the fin to grow back as good as it can. Do the water change right before you put in more medication. Maybe bump the aquarium temp up 1 or 2 degrees as well.
Noted with you info. I will do water change maybe tomorrow or Wednesday.. Currently temp I'm using on 28c

Reactions: Blakewater
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store