New here some questions?

Peach02

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2019
Australia
Hey I just signed up today :) and have a few questions about this forum
1. Where do I find the rules?
2. Why am I a feeder fish and how do I not be a feeder fish?
3. Is there a unanswered threads section?

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Firstly, welcome to the forum :welcome:

You will find the rules in the "comments, bugs and suggestions" sub forum under "terms of agreement (TOS)".

You start off as a feeder fish but morph into more impressive beasts as your post count and reaction score increases. You can also gain trophies for being extremely competent in breeding or photography for example.

If you click on the three horizontal white lines icon in the very top left of the page you will find unanswered threads there.

When I first started I just browsed through everything, exploring. You'll soon get the idea.

Peach02

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2019
Australia
Firstly, welcome to the forum :welcome:

You will find the rules in the "comments, bugs and suggestions" sub forum under "terms of agreement (TOS)".

You start off as a feeder fish but morph into more impressive beasts as your post count and reaction score increases. You can also gain trophies for being extremely competent in breeding or photography for example.

If you click on the three horizontal white lines icon in the very top left of the page you will find unanswered threads there.

When I first started I just browsed through everything, exploring. You'll soon get the idea.
Ok cool, and can you stay as a certain fish if you choose?

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Ok cool, and can you stay as a certain fish if you choose?
The type of fish you are changes automatically as you hit certain milestones. I'm not sure if you can remain as one fish just because you might like that species. If you post a lot and get a lot of reactions your type of fish will change pretty quick. On one part of the forum when i was once browsing i came across a list of the actual fish. It's quite substantial. I can't for the life in me remember where it was.

Like I said, just browse through at your leisure, you'll eventually find everything you need.

Reactions: islandguy11

Peach02

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2019
Australia
The type of fish you are changes automatically as you hit certain milestones. I'm not sure if you can remain as one fish just because you might like that species. If you post a lot and get a lot of reactions your type of fish will change pretty quick. On one part of the forum when i was once browsing i came across a list of the actual fish. It's quite substantial. I can't for the life in me remember where it was.

Like I said, just browse through at your leisure, you'll eventually find everything you need.
Ok cool thanks mate

Reactions: esoxlucius

Peach02

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2019
Australia
Welcome!
After feeder come Candiru! Lol
Polypturus, red tail cat, and others. And then you have tiers also blue is 1st, silver gold not sure if there was a bronze or not.
Ok cool, I keep seeing this MFK member badge and moderator badge, are there any others like on reef2reef there is supporter and build thread contributor. Also where do I put a build thread?

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Build thread can go in a section particular to the type of fish like say ropefish would go in the ancient fish Polypturus section. Or under set up and filtration. Or if its a plywood tank or something you built the DIY section. No hard fast rules but you might want it where others like minded will find it. There are biotope sections, geographical sections and so on. People become mods based on their availability and want to "police" the site. You get trophies like the gold camera under my name for doing things, like pic of the month winner or tank of the month or breeding fish or adding constant really useful content and so on.

Peach02

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2019
Australia
Build thread can go in a section particular to the type of fish like say ropefish would go in the ancient fish Polypturus section. Or under set up and filtration. Or if its a plywood tank or something you built the DIY section. No hard fast rules but you might want it where others like minded will find it. There are biotope sections, geographical sections and so on. People become mods based on their availability and want to "police" the site. You get trophies like the gold camera under my name for doing things, like pic of the month winner or tank of the month or breeding fish or adding constant really useful content and so on.
Ok cool, I was looking for a Oscar section in cichlids or other monster fish any idea where to put it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store