Flowerhorn food

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Sorry, no idea on the waste change, possibly from the meds.

Marketing works everywhere, the average consumer is lazy & gullible. They see what they want/desire/like, and they jump at the latest gimmicky bling that someone puts out there. The average FH keeper isn't going to feed food that has a discus on the label, even though the average discus food is high in protein and fat, and geared more towards larger gains in growth, due to discus often being finicky eaters. Take the same formula, increase the pellet size, slap a masterpiece designer FH on the label with a giant kok, and boom, instant sales to FH keepers. lol
Thanks RD. He looks really healthy, so yes, must be medicine.

20200202_111151.jpg

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
looking better and better every picture
Thank you.

Only use medication very sparingly. Like only if it’s really needed in the future.
I saw a big rash in morning last week and thought it was some infection so added methlye blue that day. It turned out to be a scratch from heater, since then I have been adding only stressguard. Seems that I can stop now.

Reactions: HybridFinatic

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Clean water, and a bit of salt (sodium chloride) to assist in osmoregulatory stress is enough for the vast majority of scrapes.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Clean water, and a bit of salt (sodium chloride) to assist in osmoregulatory stress is enough for the vast majority of scrapes.
Thank you. I did add 2 tablespoon api aquarium salt at that time. Just finished water change, will add a spoon now. He's recovered very well now.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
My Red Diamond was raised in bare bottom …….

View attachment 1400690

but also spent a year or two in a tank with with darker gravel substrate …..

View attachment 1400691

But no matter what, I always kept my FH in tanks with dark/black backgrounds to bring out the best color in the fish. Always, even though at that time many FH enthusiasts would say that you should never keep a FH in a tank with black background. Go figure.
Rd. for my next tank, I got this background. It's reversible and is showing both sides in picture. I am planning to use black background. For substrate I am thinking black sand or should I go with grey one like the one in background.

bseaview-seascape-natural-mystic.jpg

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
It's up to you, I have personally never been a fan of dark black substrate. IMO it can often darken and muddy the fishes overall coloration.

Reactions: Ruturaj

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
It's up to you, I have personally never been a fan of dark black substrate. IMO it can often darken and muddy the fishes overall coloration.
Thanks, I will go with salt and pepper color like in background. In case the black background doesn't work for me then it will match the blue background as well.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I think the blue background will bring out a higher shine level in your kamfa.

Reactions: Ruturaj
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store