Best monster fish for a beginner

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
The thing is already have around 7 years of experience in keeping fish got my first fish when i was 7 years old and it was a community tank then i got my fancy tailed goldfish which lasted around the 8-9 years in age so im not really a beginner just im a beginner with fish bigger then 10 inches

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
I agree with this 100% if I were u at such a young age(like me) I’d focus on a fish. For example in a thread a few days ago I talked to u about me and my catfish room, if I where u at a 30g right now gouramis, guppies, and I saw someone say something about killifish, killifish have awesome colors and are predatory and easy to breed. Just would need to be dark and have peat moss. Maybe you can breed them but try to find a fish YOU love I understand you like predators and so do I but you have to deal with what’s reasonable and what you have. If you do catfish like me you can get a gulper in a 55, 4 jag cats in a 75 and maybe Cory or a small kind of syno cat for the 30 it’s ur preference.
Also one of my favorite fish ill love to keep are predator fish and then clown loaches

Chicxulub

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2009
The thing is already have around 7 years of experience in keeping fish got my first fish when i was 7 years old and it was a community tank then i got my fancy tailed goldfish which lasted around the 8-9 years in age so im not really a beginner just im a beginner with fish bigger then 10 inches
Being a beginner or not has nothing to do with this lol. By the logic you're using, I've been keeping fish for 30 years now. Lots of people show up here and tell us all about their grand plans. 99% disappear before those grand plans ever get anywhere near to fruition. Our being skeptical is not an indictment of your ability, knowledge or character; it is a reflection of the collective experiences of this community over the past 15 years. There's no need to be defensive. Show us with actions, not words.

I'll leave the lecturing to people who are good at it.

When I had my 30 gallon tanks, the centerpiece fish for one of them was a paradise fish. The other had hatchet fish, and the last one had 7 dwarf puffers. All very interesting, interactive, and personable fish that look amazing in a planted or aquascaped tank. That's what I'd recommend.

Reactions: MatteoTheEnder22

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
Being a beginner or not has nothing to do with this lol. By the logic you're using, I've been keeping fish for 30 years now. Lots of people show up here and tell us all about their grand plans. 99% disappear before those grand plans ever get anywhere near to fruition. Our being skeptical is not an indictment of your ability, knowledge or character; it is a reflection of the collective experiences of this community over the past 15 years. There's no need to be defensive. Show us with actions, not words.
Oh okay well i guess that can be a reason skeptical sorry if i was being too defensive ill update you guys soon with pictures once everything is in motion

Reactions: Chicxulub

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
I'll leave the lecturing to people who are good at it.

When I had my 30 gallon tanks, the centerpiece fish for one of them was a paradise fish. The other had hatchet fish, and the last one had 7 dwarf puffers. All very interesting, interactive, and personable fish that look amazing in a planted or aquascaped tank. That's what I'd recommend.
Well they are nice fish me personally i like bigger fish i kinda lose interest with the smaller fish unless there like super personable or aggressive

Well they are nice fish me personally i like bigger fish i kinda lose interest with the smaller fish unless there like super personable or aggressive
Dwarf puffers are both. They attack everything and can recognize owners.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store