Arowana tank size?

Patrick M Bodega Aquatics

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2020
Hello! As some of you know I am considering getting an aquarium that features a black arowana, along with some motoro stingrays and discus. I have two different dimensions for an aquarium and I was wondering which one do you think would best suit an arowana. The first is a 500g with the dimensions of 120Lx36Wx30H inches. The second tank is 535 gallons and measures 96Lx48Wx30H. I really like the first due to the length which would offer better aesthetics and potentially better space for individual territories but I am worried about it not being deep enough. What do you think? Thanks!

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello! As some of you know I am considering getting an aquarium that features a black arowana, along with some motoro stingrays and discus. I have two different dimensions for an aquarium and I was wondering which one do you think would best suit an arowana. The first is a 500g with the dimensions of 120Lx36Wx30H inches. The second tank is 535 gallons and measures 96Lx48Wx30H. I really like the first due to the length which would offer better aesthetics and potentially better space for individual territories but I am worried about it not being deep enough. What do you think? Thanks!
I personally like the first dimensions more length for the Arowana to swim and still room to turn around comfortably.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Tank #1. Please post pics as this all pans out. Sounds like an awesome stocklist!!

Yesg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2020
May I ask how big the rays are? The length is fine for an Arowana assuming they are close to Jardini as I am from Aussie don't see many, but the length should be great, the width depends it could be great for juvi's and maybe just right for adults (seeing as they can reach around 50ish cm) so should be good for up to around 3-4 and 5 max, most likely wouldn't bother with the discus as they could be preyed on by the Arowana since they grow a hell of a lot faster and they can get quite territorial, but def the first tank option is a lot better for the Arowana and a few stingrays, as I said, don't bother with the Discus JUST in the slight chance they might get attacked.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store