Vieja synspilum growth rate?

Krismo962

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2020
my house!!
How long would it take one to reach it's maximum size?
Is a 4'x2'x2' (120g) too small for a solo male?

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
If fry then approximately 3 years. 6-7" the first yr. Then they'll slow down.
4x2x2 is a good sized tank. Could also do a well bonded pair if not overly aggressive with 2 x 50% wc.
Niki_up Niki_up would know better.

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
If you're planning on keeping them with the bichir, I'll warn you against their aggressive feedings + they'll need a low protein plant based diet when they get older

Reactions: Krismo962

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
I raised mine in a 6 foot 135g and it took two years to reach 10 inches. In the first year I would say about 7 inches of growth. I keep a pair in my 135g with some other plecos and some guppies.

things to note, it will destroy plants, it will kill other tank mates. I have tried rainbows, bleeding heart tetras, roselines, and plecos. It has killed a lot of fish. It lives peacefully with guppies and plecos that hide.

I’m also in the market to sell my pair, they have just killed too many fish…not totally their fault as I’m sure the tank just isn’t large enough for them and tank mates

Krismo962

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2020
my house!!
I raised mine in a 6 foot 135g and it took two years to reach 10 inches. In the first year I would say about 7 inches of growth. I keep a pair in my 135g with some other plecos and some guppies.

things to note, it will destroy plants, it will kill other tank mates. I have tried rainbows, bleeding heart tetras, roselines, and plecos. It has killed a lot of fish. It lives peacefully with guppies and plecos that hide.

I’m also in the market to sell my pair, they have just killed too many fish…not totally their fault as I’m sure the tank just isn’t large enough for them and tank mates
Thank you.What do you feed yours?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store