Clown loach what are the best food for them to eat?

Redshark1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2017
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
My Clown Loaches have survived 28 years on this diet:
Every day I feed freeze-dried Pacific Krill (the small one, the large one is Atlantic Krill) soaked in boiled water until they sink then rinsed. Frozen Bloodworms thawed and rinsed (I get a 1kg A4 sized sheet, chop it up with a hammer and chisel and box it in the freezer). Cooked Frozen Mussels or Prawns (from supermarket) thawed, rinsed and chopped. Finally I give them some Tetra Sinking Discus Granules which they love to dig for. Sometimes I feed freeze-dried Earthworms soaked in hot water and rinsed. Occasional dried foods include Omega One Shrimp Pellets or New Life Spectrum Large Fish Formula. I spread the food out to enable all of them to forage for it otherwise the dominant fish take it all. I would suggest buying good quality branded dry food as I find it is more digestible and will not pollute the water as cheap foods do.

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica

silverarowana808

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2012
honolulu,HAWAII
My Clown Loaches have survived 28 years on this diet:
Every day I feed freeze-dried Pacific Krill (the small one, the large one is Atlantic Krill) soaked in boiled water until they sink then rinsed. Frozen Bloodworms thawed and rinsed (I get a 1kg A4 sized sheet, chop it up with a hammer and chisel and box it in the freezer). Cooked Frozen Mussels or Prawns (from supermarket) thawed, rinsed and chopped. Finally I give them some Tetra Sinking Discus Granules which they love to dig for. Sometimes I feed freeze-dried Earthworms soaked in hot water and rinsed. Occasional dried foods include Omega One Shrimp Pellets or New Life Spectrum Large Fish Formula. I spread the food out to enable all of them to forage for it otherwise the dominant fish take it all. I would suggest buying good quality branded dry food as I find it is more digestible and will not pollute the water as cheap foods do.
Thanks for the info man??

silverarowana808

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2012
honolulu,HAWAII

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Extremely slow growing clown loach in a predator tank with predators that will quickly outgrow the clown loach is a potential recipe for disaster.

The clowns may eventually get picked off, but that is only half the problem. Anything that eats a clown loach runs the risk of choking to death when the clown loach raises it subocular spines below their eyes as a defence mechanism. The clown will get lodged in the attackers throat, not ending well for victim, or attacker!

silverarowana808

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2012
honolulu,HAWAII
Extremely slow growing clown loach in a predator tank with predators that will quickly outgrow the clown loach is a potential recipe for disaster.

The clowns may eventually get picked off, but that is only half the problem. Anything that eats a clown loach runs the risk of choking to death when the clown loach raises it subocular spines below their eyes as a defence mechanism. The clown will get lodged in the attackers throat, not ending well for victim, or attacker!
Yea I figure if any aggression would happen I would just get rid of my 2 pbasses if anything. My arowana is the chill one he doesn’t bother none of the fishes in the tank

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Mine tend to like anything. What I have found entertaining about feeding them they like to argue and bicker over some random NLS alagemax thats intended for other species in that tank they play football with it trying to hold it and another one knocks it off and picks it up and dashes away with it and they do love repashy gel foods along with regular flake sticks pellets i feed them with frozen shrimp scallops clams

silverarowana808

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2012
honolulu,HAWAII
Mine tend to like anything. What I have found entertaining about feeding them they like to argue and bicker over some random NLS alagemax thats intended for other species in that tank they play football with it trying to hold it and another one knocks it off and picks it up and dashes away with it and they do love repashy gel foods along with regular flake sticks pellets i feed them with frozen shrimp scallops clams
Nice man, yea I think my clown loaches are still settling in their new home threw three waffles they didn’t bother to eat lol hopefully they’ll start eating soon

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store