What to feed new Mouth Almighty and Datnoid, and Knifefish ID?

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
Khaki Grunter,
Like a mini Sooty Grunter
Sweet haven't heard of them before. Lots of cool and rare Hephaestus grunters in PNG.

Thanks,it is certainly a nice looking fish for the book cover.
Grunters are awesome! Currently tracking down a Coal Grunter, and possibly some Barcoos. One day I might find the incredibly rare Kimberly Grunter.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sweet haven't heard of them before. Lots of cool and rare Hephaestus grunters in PNG.

Grunters are awesome! Currently tracking down a Coal Grunter, and possibly some Barcoos. One day I might find the incredibly rare Kimberly Grunter.
I did have a Hephaestus Carbo years ago.

Reactions: Friller2009

qldmick

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2016
Australia

Coalies used to be cheap but it looks like Ausyfish hasn't breed them for a few years, have only seen the old large one available.
Live fish had them on sale for $9.95 years ago so I grew up 4 with my Africans before moving on.
I currently have an IBC with 6 Spangled Perch/Grunter I recently caught, trying to get them onto pellets.

Reactions: Friller2009

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
Coalies used to be cheap but it looks like Ausyfish hasn't breed them for a few years, have only seen the old large one available.
Live fish had them on sale for $9.95 years ago so I grew up 4 with my Africans before moving on.
I currently have an IBC with 6 Spangled Perch/Grunter I recently caught, trying to get them onto pellets.
Should hopefully be getting some from the joint ANGFA and ANGFA NSW field trip to FNQ in September if i can go.
IBC ponds! A classic diy pond, I’m thinking about trying Texas Cichlids outside in one of them. Those spangs will soon become one spang.

qldmick

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2016
Australia

Heres a dif colored Khaki,
IMG_2365-e1504841973864.jpg
Although yellowly, orangy, and redy colors and peids turn up in different catchments.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store